Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 9, 2013, 04:19 PM   #1
armandxp
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Macbook Air closed and pretty warm?

I've only had my MacBook Air for a few weeks now, and I really hadn't noticed this before, but I'll leave the screen up, and it goes to sleep, but I'll come back and pick it up, and it seems pretty warm to me. This is hours later btw. So, I tried closing the lid, and not shutting down the OS, and I came home this evening and it was very warm again? I have Safari, iTunes, and mail running. I have two hard drives connected to my Airport Extreme. I can't think of what might make this happen, because I swear, it was staying extremely cool in the past when waking it from sleep. Any input is appreciated!

Terry
__________________
Keep it cool!
armandxp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 04:24 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by armandxp View Post
I've only had my MacBook Air for a few weeks now, and I really hadn't noticed this before, but I'll leave the screen up, and it goes to sleep, but I'll come back and pick it up, and it seems pretty warm to me.
It sounds like it may not have remained in sleep mode. For sleep issues, you may find some useful ideas here:
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 04:26 PM   #3
armandxp
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
It sounds like it may not have remained in sleep mode. For sleep issues, you may find some useful ideas here:
Thanks, I will read all of these and see what I can come up with. It seems that the system is asleep, because the only way I can wake it is by pressing a key like the spacebar, but who knows....
__________________
Keep it cool!
armandxp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 04:27 PM   #4
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by armandxp View Post
Thanks, I will read all of these and see what I can come up with. It seems that the system is asleep, because the only way I can wake it is by pressing a key like the spacebar, but who knows....
It may have initially gone to sleep, but may have awakened at some point, then went back to sleep. This is not uncommon.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 04:31 PM   #5
inselstudent
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
I think it's the new power nap feature introduced with 10.8 which keeps your Mac up to date even while sleeping. It syncs your mail, iCloud stuff and whatnot afaik. You can turn it off or configure it in Settings->Energy saver (I think that's what it's called, it has a light bulb icon)
inselstudent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 04:32 PM   #6
armandxp
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by inselstudent View Post
I think it's the new power nap feature introduced with 10.8 which keeps your Mac up to date even while sleeping. It syncs your mail, iCloud stuff and whatnot afaik. You can turn it off or configure it in Settings->Energy saver (I think that's what it's called, it has a light bulb icon)
I'm going to try and turn it off and see if that helps any. Just have to keep trying new things to see.. Thanks!
__________________
Keep it cool!
armandxp is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC