Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 10, 2013, 02:52 PM   #1
Gary King
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Able to trade-in my Time Capsule from a month ago for a new one?

I'm wondering, if I bought an Apple Time Capsule from a month ago, will I be able to trade it in for the new one just announced and released today? Is there usually a policy like this? I recall something similar for items like iMacs, where if you bought it within a few weeks from the new one, then you could trade it in?
Gary King is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 05:55 PM   #2
r23w
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary King View Post
I'm wondering, if I bought an Apple Time Capsule from a month ago, will I be able to trade it in for the new one just announced and released today? Is there usually a policy like this? I recall something similar for items like iMacs, where if you bought it within a few weeks from the new one, then you could trade it in?
The key is where you bought it. If you bought it via Apple Online or Apple Retail a manager might be able to approve a out of return period return. I'd head over to your local Apple store if purchased via Apple online or retail and plead your case.
r23w is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 09:19 PM   #3
Gary King
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by r23w View Post
The key is where you bought it. If you bought it via Apple Online or Apple Retail a manager might be able to approve a out of return period return. I'd head over to your local Apple store if purchased via Apple online or retail and plead your case.
Is there no official ruling on this? I thought there was fine print saying that if you bought a product within 14 days of the announcement of an upgraded version, etc. And yeah, it's from an Apple Retail Store.
Gary King is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 09:34 PM   #4
glenthompson
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Roanoke VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary King View Post
Is there no official ruling on this? I thought there was fine print saying that if you bought a product within 14 days of the announcement of an upgraded version, etc. And yeah, it's from an Apple Retail Store.
Yes, it's 14 days but your original post said you bought it a month ago. That means you're out of the official return period and must depend on the kindness of strangers.
__________________
15" MacBook Pro (late 2011), iPhone 5
iPad Air, ATV3

Last edited by glenthompson; Jun 11, 2013 at 12:34 PM.
glenthompson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 01:04 AM   #5
Jedi Master
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: ar the moment on the Death Star
14 days is the return period, your at 30 you said.

%69%

Last edited by Jedi Master; Oct 2, 2013 at 05:37 AM.
Jedi Master is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:04 PM   #6
Gary King
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post
14 days is the return period, your at 30 you said. Looks as you answered your own question. Maybe you should read your post again.

Your 16 days late if my math is right,
Yep I know. But at the very least, I just wanted to verify that it was 14 days for sure.
Gary King is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2013, 09:13 AM   #7
designs216
macrumors 65816
 
designs216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rearranging deck chairs
Don't know that I'd want to. The new form factor is hard to tuck away and the AC speed doesn't change the fact that the pipe going into your home is still just as slow.
designs216 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC