Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sam Spade

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2007
When using one of these password managers like 1Password, what happens when you are using a randomly generated complex password and you need to log on from a place or machine where you don't have access to your 1Password account?

FoxFifth

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
I use LastPass but 1Password may have a similar feature. If you are on a machine where LastPass is not installed you simply log into their website and have full access to all of your passwords and other data.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
When using one of these password managers like 1Password, what happens when you are using a randomly generated complex password and you need to log on from a place or machine where you don't have access to your 1Password account?
Well in my case I use (oneSafe) the data is sync'd via iCloud so it's on my iPod Touch and I can look up what the info is. So if you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, you should be set.

jrs22

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2012
I use 1password and I purchased their iOS app and it installed it on my iPad and iPod touch. I can refer to the iPod touch when I'm out and about, and the app is also a browser.

I believe last pass has an iOS app for 'premium' members that serves the same purpose. There's an annual fee but when I was looking at it last year it was only $10 or $12 a year.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
I use onesafe on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac. The first three is cost of one and Mac is another cost but I find it very useful. I love the iCloud security feature (if I save on one device and it's not authorized, I must enter that devices password to see contents).

Solitude1984

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2013
Hi:

Anybody have an opinion as to a good password manager for osx? I'm looking for something simple that'll keep track of various accounts and passwords for me. I've been doing it with pen and paper for a while but there must be something out there - maybe even a widget?

I guess I'd like it to have some degree of security (sigh, a password for the password manager - how do I remember that one :) ) so maybe a widget doesn't work. A small app then - preferably freeware. Thanks.

LastPass is one of the absolute best.

----------

And I just noticed this thread is from 2005 ...

Purdue

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2012
I still carry/use Treo (Palm OS) phone and for that still have SplashID so I can sync Mac-to-Palm. Also use 1Password. 1Password stopped Palm OS support and does not sync under newest OS.

Two password manager apps, then. PACE - as Alex Lindsay suggests - primary alternate contingency emergency. Which means, print them out and put in safe place or use "Forgot Password" for things such as websites authentication.

After a couple of years using a smartphone/iphone... I've bought six new iPhones in a few year's time... still disappointed. I decided today my goal is to get a iPad Mini (2019) LTE, and the new (retro) Nokia 3310. I had really hoped that Apple would make an iPod Touch XL Max LTE with Apple/eSim, but guess I have to carry a larger iPad Mini around now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.