Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arc123

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
I asked about this in the iOS forum and didn't get much response. I realized I probably should have asked in the iPhone forum since this is IP5-specific for me...

I have tried looking through several threads on this topic, and maybe I am especially obtuse, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what has changed between 6.0.1 and 6.1 with regard to background audio. Some people are saying they're having trouble with YouTube, but I'm wondering if it's a general issue. I am on 6.0.1 and I've noticed that Atomic Browser shuts off audio if I leave the app or lock the phone. Safari seems to work though. I am wondering if I should expect even less functionality in 6.1.

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
I don't think you can do background audio with YouTube at all with the browser.

Mctube does it, there's a slight pause when you kick it to the background at first, then it's ok.

arc123

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
Hmm...OK. I am wondering if anything changed with other apps/sites vs. 6.0.1...

The main thing is it isn't clear to me if anything changed between 6.0.1 and 6.1, or if it was just changes with apps. I see people talking about issues they're having but I can't find information about what changed at the OS-level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.