Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:34 AM   #176
ScottDrummer
macrumors 6502

You have to have at least ACDT & ACPT to be a genius, you cant complete warranty work without Apple certification
Old Sep 13, 2009, 12:42 AM   #177
Forumghost516
macrumors newbie

Does this help at all ?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MA714Z/A#overview

Did anyone find this helpful ? Or was it a waste for the price let me know.
Forumghost516 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2009, 11:44 PM   #178
Forumghost516
macrumors newbie

Just bought this book

Hey guys I just purchased this book.

http://www.peachpit.com/store/produc...sbn=0321455010

Which certification will I be getting with this. I was told i would be getting the acdt and acpt with this.

Please help guys its getting kind of confusing because now I am told they condensed it into the ACMT exam.

Basically I want to become a Mac Genius and Im trying to get a cert. before I go in. Is this the route to take ?

Please help guys.

Thanks

Last edited by Forumghost516; Sep 14, 2009 at 11:55 PM.
Forumghost516 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2009, 02:53 PM   #179
Sky Blue

If you have good qualifications, Apple will hire you and train you to be a "Genius". There isn't really a Genius cert, best you can do is get an ACMT cert.

There isn't a ACDT and ACPT any more.
Sky Blue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2010, 09:24 PM   #180
tommyboy21
macrumors member

Re-Certification Costs & Re-Taking Tests?

Hi all,

Sorry for resurrecting an "old" thread. BTW, Sky Blue, you are EXTREMELY helpful! Super THANKS for all of your knowledge you have shared.

I was curious if anyone knew of the re-certification costs (and how the process works.) The reason I ask is that I'd like to get ACSP 10.6 certification, but what happens when 10.7 rolls out? As far as I've read, "upgrading" from 10.5 certs to 10.6 was as "easy" as taking another test. (Is this the same test you take if you are just getting certified for the first time?)

Also, in preparing for the ACSP 10.6 test, I have decided to go the route of not going to an Apple Certified Training Center, but instead getting the Peachpit book and studying that hardcore to save money. I then was thinking if I pass, I could use that training money on "harder" certifications. Anyway, I'm planning on not failing, but what happens if you do? Can you retake the tests? If so, how long do you have to wait? Any information would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks all in advance for your help!
tommyboy21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 09:43 AM   #181
sim667
macrumors 6502a

Again resurrecting an old thread, and this is my first post. Thought it better to keep a general ACSP thread going rather than start a new one.

Just booked onto my ACSP for a couple of weeks time, 2.5 days training, followed by the 10.6 exam.....

Im thinking I may want to do some cramming before I start the course and was wondering if anyone can give me pointers, or point me in the direction of a good book or practice exams...... Anything would be appreciated tbh.
sim667 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2010, 07:56 PM   #182
tommyboy21
macrumors member

sim667,

Try the Peachpit book

Also, Apple's website has a 10 question practice test on it. So you can do that to get a feel for the test.

Just curious what training company are you going through?

Good luck!!!
Old Dec 16, 2010, 09:56 AM   #183
sim667
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy21 View Post
sim667,

Try the Peachpit book

Also, Apple's website has a 10 question practice test on it. So you can do that to get a feel for the test.

Just curious what training company are you going through?

Good luck!!!
AMSYS, they're a UK company.

Ill see if i can get the peachpit book on ibooks
sim667 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2010, 07:07 AM   #184
LRyan
macrumors newbie

Hi all I'm kinda new to Mac though I have been working in the IT sector doing PC (windows) support for over 10 years. I have Computing Degree and A+. I recently got a MacBook Pro (15.1", 2.4GHz, 4GB) and am currently studying for the ACMT exam having purchased the AppleCare Technician Training courseware from Apple and have just finished the 9L0-008 exam material. I have a few questions about the exam itself for anyone who has sat it recently. I hope to book the exam early in the new year but may delay it based on answers received below.

1. Are all questions multiple choice or for some do you have to provide answers in you own words?
2. In Exam Topics section of the course material for References it says access online AASP resources to answer questions, Are you required to know these URLs for the various Apple Reference sites or are links provided. Can you use these resources to answer other questions.
3. Are you really expected to know every Apple tool and its part number for every Apple product. Surely in real world that is what Tech Manuals are for.
4. Must all questions be answered in order or can you skip a question and return to it it later.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
LRyan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2010, 08:40 AM   #185
Heilage
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRyan View Post
1. Are all questions multiple choice or for some do you have to provide answers in you own words?
2. In Exam Topics section of the course material for References it says access online AASP resources to answer questions, Are you required to know these URLs for the various Apple Reference sites or are links provided. Can you use these resources to answer other questions.
3. Are you really expected to know every Apple tool and its part number for every Apple product. Surely in real world that is what Tech Manuals are for.
4. Must all questions be answered in order or can you skip a question and return to it it later.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

1. Yes, all answers are multiple choice.

2. You do not need to remember any such URLs or references, as stated above all answers are multiple choice.

3. No. There was not a single such question on mine.

4. You can save a question for later if you don't remember it then and there.

Btw, I am an ACMT and working on my Server certifications now.
Heilage is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2010, 11:53 AM   #186
LRyan
macrumors newbie

Thanks Heilage for the response. I don't feel so apprehensive about the exam now. There are a number of websites where you can buy example questions for the exam. Does anyone have an opinion whether these are worth getting?

Last edited by LRyan; Dec 20, 2010 at 11:53 AM. Reason: typo
LRyan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2010, 07:12 PM   #187
toolbox
macrumors 68020

Yep i am a ACMT, currently working on Support Essentials / Server Essentials. Books are on my desk at work. Left them there deliberately so i wouldn't study over christmas lol
Old Dec 31, 2010, 12:55 PM   #188
87vert
macrumors 6502

I took and passed the Apple Certified Associate - Mac Integration Basics 10.6 (9L0-406) last night. It was pretty easy as it is their entry level cert. I am currently studying for the ACSP and will probably take it in a few weeks.
87vert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2011, 12:43 PM   #189
tommyboy21
macrumors member

Just passed my 10.6 ACSP and ACTC exams! I took classes for both from v.2 Consulting. The 201 class was definitely worth it! If you've been using Macs and troubleshooting them for a while, I would probably say you might be able to just read the book for the 101 exam though. If you do that though, I'd recommend reading through it twice and make sure you use the Apple Assessment Guide to make sure you test yourself about the contents covered. Next step, I want to get my hardware certification! (I think these certificates/classes are addicting )

Good luck to everyone studying/take the exams!
Old Jan 9, 2011, 09:33 PM   #190
bizzle
macrumors 6502a

I've had the ACMT certs for a few years.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 06:42 AM   #191
cool11
macrumors 65816

Today I looked at apple's education pages, and I was shocked to see that there is a certification which can be obtained 'online'!
Am I seeing well? Am I wrong?
Loot at this one:
http://training.apple.com/itpro/macinteg
http://training.apple.com/itpro/macinteg/exam

Can I take the test from my desk, without going to an exam center?
I can hardly believe it.
Can you assure me it's true?
cool11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2011, 09:21 AM   #192
TheBritishBloke
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool11 View Post
Today I looked at apple's education pages, and I was shocked to see that there is a certification which can be obtained 'online'!
Am I seeing well? Am I wrong?
Loot at this one:
http://training.apple.com/itpro/macinteg
http://training.apple.com/itpro/macinteg/exam

Can I take the test from my desk, without going to an exam center?
I can hardly believe it.
Can you assure me it's true?
That's their entry level certificate, so yeah you can take it from home.. If you get your ACTC too, you're allowed to take the recertification at home too (10.5 to 10.6 etc)

I sat both my ACSP and Server Essentials (ACTC) in July, one day after each other.. I passed the ACSP with flying colours and then failed the Server Essentials by 10%, I was so annoyed.. Going to have to pay myself to resit it this time.

Does anyone know how hard the ACMT exams are at all? From reading through the course outline etc it just seems like ACSP and a Hardware ACSP..
TheBritishBloke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 06:56 AM   #193
Quotenfrau
macrumors 6502

I passed the OS X Support Essentials exam (title Apple Certified Support Professional ACSP) on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).

The exam was very easy. Passed after reading the study guide one weekend.

Did anyone took the new "OS X Support Essentials 10.7 Exam (9L0-410) "? Also that easy?
Quotenfrau is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:23 AM   #194
toolbox
macrumors 68020

Yes

ACMT 2010, ACMT 2011

hoping to do Desktop essentials / server essentials and some how ACN
Old Nov 30, 2011, 01:05 PM   #195
macspectrum
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolbox View Post
Yes

ACMT 2010, ACMT 2011

hoping to do Desktop essentials / server essentials and some how ACN
how many technical questions on the acsp 10.7 exam?

did u write the 9L0-410 or the 10.7 acsp re-cert exam?

thanks
macspectrum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 05:29 PM   #196
toolbox
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by macspectrum View Post
how many technical questions on the acsp 10.7 exam?

did u write the 9L0-410 or the 10.7 acsp re-cert exam?

thanks
Not sure on the 10 7 exam. I have not done it yet, i suspect it will be on the ACMT rectification next year.

I am not a apple tech writer. I work for a Apple Service centre which it is mandatory for techs to do the ACMT exam and recert every year.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:29 PM   #197
macspectrum
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolbox View Post
Not sure on the 10 7 exam. I have not done it yet, i suspect it will be on the ACMT rectification next year.

I am not a apple tech writer. I work for a Apple Service centre which it is mandatory for techs to do the ACMT exam and recert every year.
i thought that your "yes" was in response to;

"Did anyone took the new "OS X Support Essentials 10.7 Exam (9L0-410) "? Also that easy?"

thanks
macspectrum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:33 AM   #198
cool11
macrumors 65816

I guess only a few had a similar experience.
Here it is:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1493263
Don't tell that you didn't see the warning....
cool11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion