Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old May 17, 2013, 03:28 PM   #26
Ca$hflow
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skika View Post
Just a reminded Corning would not have been around now if it wasn't for Steve Jobs.
Oh come on. Most houses contain some sort of corning product. Insulation, Windows, etc. I'm certain that Corning would have been just fine. Corning has a huge construction material market. Gorilla glass is a pimple compared to the rest of their business.
Old May 17, 2013, 04:46 PM   #27
ebouwman
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hflow View Post
Oh come on. Most houses contain some sort of corning product. Insulation, Windows, etc. I'm certain that Corning would have been just fine. Corning has a huge construction material market. Gorilla glass is a pimple compared to the rest of their business.
Aperantly there was one factory that was in trouble...

http://money.cnn.com/video/technolog...apple.fortune/

But ya... corning makes almost everything glass and ceramic related and has made many huge inovations in its industry over the years.
ebouwman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2013, 05:18 PM   #28
Yelmurc
macrumors regular

Materials science is a fasinating subject that it seems to many people take for granted. While this PR video didn't tell us to much I could watch decent videos about engineering all day long. So many small wonders.
Old May 17, 2013, 07:19 PM   #29
wondermac100
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf The Dog View Post
Lotus glass? Fantastic!

I have driven a Lotus and they are fast and more importantly, they corner brilliantly. I hope the next iPhone comes with a standard transmission, as I hate sequential shift.
I liked the Esprit turbo though never could afford one. I wonder how you would corner in an iPhone johnny I've is getting rid of complications just using a manual interface
wondermac100 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2013, 11:28 AM   #30
SatManager
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestonHarvey1 View Post
Quick, someone claim the iPhone doesn't use Gorilla Glass!
I thought it used the new monkey line. That way it could use your phone upside down.
SatManager is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion