Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marty1990

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 25, 2011
England
I was asked to design a website for my local student union. I couldn't be bothered coding an entire new website - and the student union didn't care how I did it, as long as I incorporated the logo etc. I designed for it.

I stumbled across Weebly, and am currently using it. Just wondering what you think of it? Is it safe to use?

Thanks!

MrAnthonySutton

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2012
I was asked to design a website for my local student union. I couldn't be bothered coding an entire new website - and the student union didn't care how I did it, as long as I incorporated the logo etc. I designed for it.

I stumbled across Weebly, and am currently using it. Just wondering what you think of it? Is it safe to use?

Thanks!

I think for your purpose, weebly would be perfect. It's very user friendly and easy to edit and maintain. It comes with some templates you can use to get started.

marty1990

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 25, 2011
England
have you got your own domain? can you spend any money to get software?

Nah, not really. We have a Student Union fund, and all the money is going towards the events week. We're not even sure if the advertising - posters, flyers etc. will be able to be printed because of the lack of money we have, hence me doing a free website to use as a means of advertising, so everything is just through Weebly.

I think for your purpose, weebly would be perfect. It's very user friendly and easy to edit and maintain. It comes with some templates you can use to get started.

Okay sweet. I've got the basis of the site setup, but I wasn't sure on the safety/legitimately of it. When I think 'free hosting', I think of the those old dodgy free hosting sites.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.