Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
I need to share a couple of 1.5GB/2GB files with people. They don't have DropBox or any of that stuff and I need to be able to simply send them a link to download a file that I upload. Like MediaFire but max 2GB files.

Are there any places I can do that? If I have DropBox do they also need DropBox? I guess no Apple iCloud solutions or anything?

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
On my Mac I put a 1.66GB file in the DropBox folder. The file now has a blue sync icon on it. The photo I put in already has a green check mark on it.

How come there is no progress meter anywhere? Will a 1.66GB file take a long time to sync? Should I upload it manually instead if I want to see some sort of progress meter?

EDIT: Ah, never mind. There's progress meter in the Apple menu ;) Sure is slow AZZ.

someguy

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
How come there is no progress meter anywhere?
Most people sync files that are small enough in size that the loading time is minuscule.

Will a 1.66GB file take a long time to sync?
Depends on your internet connection speed and also what you consider a long time to be. In short, yes.

Should I upload it manually instead if I want to see some sort of progress meter?
By manually, do you mean the web interface? That may have a progress bar, but if you do it in Chrome, I think the status bar at the bottom of the window will tell you how far along it is in real-time.

EDIT: Ah, never mind. There's progress meter in the Apple menu ;)
This is news to me! :D

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
vbhQ2.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.