Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:49 PM   #1
bathat
macrumors newbie

Free app to find your car! Dude Where's My Car?

Greetings,

I'd like to inform this community of a free app I created to help you easily find your car. Finally, right!? I used to participate on this forum extensively, forgot my username, now I'm back to shamelessly plug my app...

Roughly a month ago, the idea struck me like a bolt of lightning, in a good way. I was riding bike downtown when all of a sudden, I realized I had absolutely no idea where I'd parked. Call me absent-minded... I'd been developing apps for a few months at this point, new college grad. So I started looking into the solutions that existed on the App Store. There was only one that was worth its weight in salt, but after installing the thing, I immediately determined that it sucked hot air, and the ratings reflected my disapproval.

Enter Dude Where's My Car? This is my free alternative to a market which is virtually nonexsitent. I took a simple concept and improved on the functionality and design. No need to reinvent the wheel if the technology is already there.

So here's how it works:
Who hasn't lost their car in the parking lot? With this app, you will never lose your car again! All you have to remember to do is drop a pin when you park. The app does all the rest!

Additionally, you can add notes about your parking spot! This will come in handy after a night on the town and you can't remember, say, which floor of the parking structure you're on.

Anyone who doesn't live under a rock is familiar with the attacks hurled against Apple for switching to a new mapping system... My app simply takes that out of the equation! If you are running the latest operating system, you will have access to turn-by-turn navigation via Apple Maps. If you are running an earlier operating system, directions will be displayed in a table with concise directions to your vehicle.

Please download the app and take it for a spin. I'd love to hear your evaluations! I'm looking for user validation and beta-testing. It's improving all the time but there will obviously be bugs I've overlooked that need fixing. Feel free to shoot me a private message or email via my website.

P.S.
By all means, please tell your friends! There's a way to invite people from within the app.

www.dwmcapp.com

Safe travels,
JJFlash

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Tags
car finder app, dude where's my car, find my car