Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 24, 2010, 09:40 AM   #1
oneijose
macrumors regular

LIttle snitch still on my menu bar after deleting it

Hey sorry for the noob question but I DL'ed Little snitch on my wife's mac and now it turns out that she doesnt want it. So I thought I deleted the whole app but its still on my menu. Here is a pic

How do i get it out of my menu bar and i how do i get it off my mac? Thanks for any input...

Cheers!
oneijose is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 09:41 AM   #2
miles01110
macrumors 604

You should uninstall LS with its own uninstaller.

http://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/faq.html
Old Jan 24, 2010, 09:43 AM   #3
Queso
macrumors 603

You can't delete Little Snitch in the same way as other OSX apps as it has little kernel extensions to filter traffic that must also be removed. Download the Installer program off their website and run it, then select Uninstall when the option is presented.

Link
Queso is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:01 AM   #4
oneijose
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles01110 View Post
You should uninstall LS with its own uninstaller.

http://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/faq.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queso View Post
You can't delete Little Snitch in the same way as other OSX apps as it has little kernel extensions to filter traffic that must also be removed. Download the Installer program off their website and run it, then select Uninstall when the option is presented.

Link
Wow thanks guys. Stupid me should of done that from the start.
oneijose is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:30 AM   #5
pozzydrive
macrumors newbie

Little Snitch and menu bar

Hi all, I'm having the very same problem, but I've done everything the correct way, as discussed in this forum. I installed Little Snitch on my computer, I then decided it wasn't for me and uninstalled it. I then noticed a hand sign (icon) in the menu bar with a prohibited sign (red circle with a bar across) over the hand. I went into the Library having read a number of these posts on other sites as well as this one and deleted anything to do with Little Snitch, many of which were in the preference files, still could not remove the hand icon. I then reinstalled and again uninstalled the software, again removed the files from the Library and also went into system preferences, user groups and looked for anything to do with Little Snitch in there to no avail, now I'm stuck with this hand icon on the menu bar with no way to remove it. Anyone have any other ideas.

Regards

Pozzy
pozzydrive is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:54 PM   #6
lloyd709
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozzydrive View Post
Hi all, I'm having the very same problem, but I've done everything the correct way, as discussed in this forum. I installed Little Snitch on my computer, I then decided it wasn't for me and uninstalled it. I then noticed a hand sign (icon) in the menu bar with a prohibited sign (red circle with a bar across) over the hand. I went into the Library having read a number of these posts on other sites as well as this one and deleted anything to do with Little Snitch, many of which were in the preference files, still could not remove the hand icon. I then reinstalled and again uninstalled the software, again removed the files from the Library and also went into system preferences, user groups and looked for anything to do with Little Snitch in there to no avail, now I'm stuck with this hand icon on the menu bar with no way to remove it. Anyone have any other ideas.

Regards

Pozzy
Me too!!!!!!

I've download the uninstaller, ran it, and it said it had deleted it and all I needed to do was to re-start my computer but guess what, it's still there, up and running!!!! Thanks a lot Little Snitch makers
lloyd709 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store