Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Dec 31, 2013, 07:31 PM   #1
ominx
macrumors 6502

App Store - Unable to Purchase

Since the evasi0n jb I have been unable to download apps from the App Store. It doesn't matter if the app is free, paid, or previously purchased. I have read issues of this occurring before on non jb devices so it may not be related to the jb but I wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem.

I've done the typical steps of resetting all settings, signing out of the App Store, rebooting multiple times, updating payment to a different credit card, etc. Nothing works.

I'm on an iPhone 5 w/ 7.0.4. Any help is appreciated. Screenshot of error:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	454089  
ominx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2013, 07:40 PM   #2
boxermansr
macrumors regular

I was able to just download the app you were trying to (Flipagram) with no issue. I've got a 5s, and it worked just fine. Tried rebooting your device?
boxermansr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2013, 07:43 PM   #3
ominx
macrumors 6502

Thanks for trying but I've rebooted so many times along with resprings and still no dice. I'm going to start removing tweaks to see if something is messing with the App Store.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 07:59 PM   #4
matthew2926
macrumors member

Had the same problem. Ended up restoring and rejailbreaking to fix it. I think it was a problem with either mobile substrate or appsync. Did you update mobile substrate after the iOS 7 release today? Do you have appsync installed?
matthew2926 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2013, 08:12 PM   #5
ominx
macrumors 6502

I do not have appsync installed and I updated to
Cydia Substrate today (previously had the old
MobileSubstrate installed).

Did you have PrivaCy installed? I just uninstalled it and was able to download a free app without a problem. But I'm still not sure that was the solution because the download was not normal. Not progressive pie animation. Just the spinning circle and then the button returned to "Free" but the app was downloaded to my home screen. I'll test for a day or two but if there are any other ideas short of restoring I appreciate it.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:48 PM   #6
matthew2926
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ominx View Post
I do not have appsync installed and I updated to
Cydia Substrate today (previously had the old
MobileSubstrate installed).

Did you have PrivaCy installed? I just uninstalled it and was able to download a free app without a problem. But I'm still not sure that was the solution because the download was not normal. Not progressive pie animation. Just the spinning circle and then the button returned to "Free" but the app was downloaded to my home screen. I'll test for a day or two but if there are any other ideas short of restoring I appreciate it.
Did not have PrivaCy installed. Also, not sure if this information is valuable but after I restored and rejailbroke I installed mobile substrate (this is all before it was updated) and I also installed the mobile substrate fix. I didn't have any appstore downloading problems with this configuration.
matthew2926 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:54 PM   #7
JOSE891
macrumors 6502

Had the same problem, had to sign out of my itunes account and sign in again. Also had to reset my router.
PS4 ~ PS3 ~ 60" LED TV ~ Apple TV
JOSE891 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks