|Aug 9, 2012, 09:39 AM||#1|
Apple mail and iphone read status sync problem - one way
I have this ongoing problem with my Gmail account.
I have a MacMini Leopard w/ Apple Mail and iphone4. On both devices, I've got my Gmail and AOL accounts activated. Both with IMAP settings on devices and web site.
AOL account has no problem whatsoever regarding syncing between devices, all as they should be.
Gmail account has this small issue.
* When new mails arrive, they appear "unread" on both devices naturally.
* If I read the mail on the Mini first, both devices update the status to "read". No problem there.
* However, if the mail is read on the iphone first, Apple Mail on Mini still keeps showing it as "unread".
* I click "Get Mail" on Mini hoping for a server update, nothing changes.
* If I delete the mail on the iphone, Mac Mail also deletes it.
So, the IMAP is working with the only exception that Apple Mail doesn't "refresh" the unread/read status.
I already dumped out "com.apple.mail.plist" from User/Library/Preferences folder and reset Mail, reentered my Gmail account and some of the problems are solved.
Did the same on the iphone but that small problem still exists.
BTW; if I quit Mail on the Mini and restart, it does update (refresh).
Can someone give me a hand please?
Last edited by aoitsukinosuke; Aug 9, 2012 at 10:21 AM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 AM.