Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cduve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2010
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting airplay to work in iTunes. I keep getting error -15000 when I try to connect to an airport express or apple tv. I've also tried airfoil but I can't connect with that either...

I've turned off the windows firewall and it still doesn't work. I have Avast free version installed but it doesn't include a firewall so there shouldn't be anything blocking the connection.

Any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks!

cduve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2010
Ok so in the process of trying what you suggested I figured out what's actually causing the problem. I connect to a work network through a VPN and when this is connected I can't connect to ATV but when I disconnect from this it works fine...

Any ideas??
Thanks!

Panch0

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2010
Virginia
Depends on your VPN Client and you'll probably get better answers by going to a forum dedicated to that. Most VPN software will have a setting that allows you to specify whether all network traffic is routed through the VPN or only traffic destined for certain domains. It sounds like you currently have everything going through VPN. Your IT department may have specified that you MUST send all traffic through the VPN, so you may not be able to solve this from your end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.