Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
My point was that it doesn't matter. Seems pretty straightforward, as well.

I was simply disagreeing with this statement that you made:
[Apple has] had phones to compete in the cheap-to-free market space for years.

That's only true on a small subset of carriers and countries.

I'm pretty sure we agree on the larger point. :)

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
They are doomed I say, doomed. We are all doomed. Oh the tragedy.

oh-the-huge-manatee.jpg

driver.joe

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2007
New York
Apple held out so long on a smaller screen iPad, yet they released the Mini and it sells well. They filled the niche.

I think they need to do the same and come out with a 5" iPhone, then they'll have the 5 / 4 / 3.5" screen markets covered well.

First let me say it is a choice. I want a bigger screen 4" would have been fine if (wide not long) so if apple does come out with bigger screen now I'm going for Samsung Galaxy 4. Also they need to say something by next month or I'm out!!! Feel so mad I have all apple products. Please don't anybody tell me to just get an Ipad mini ok. :(

Droidrage729

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
Not at all different stroked for different folks I went to the iPhone 5 partly because I think 4 inches is the perfect size my android phones kept growing I don't want a 4.7 5 inch screen I have an iPad already.

vaio1990

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012
Not at all different stroked for different folks I went to the iPhone 5 partly because I think 4 inches is the perfect size my android phones kept growing I don't want a 4.7 5 inch screen I have an iPad already.

Yeah but you are the minority... Not everyone has an ipad... The fact that you still have to have an ipad proves that the 4-inch screen is too small.

Right now, my family of 5 only have 2 ipads, i cant always use the ipad because we have to share them

Droidrage729

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
Yeah but you are the minority... Not everyone has an ipad... The fact that you still have to have an ipad proves that the 4-inch screen is too small.

Right now, my family of 5 only have 2 ipads, i cant always use the ipad because we have to share them

Correct and that's why I said different strokes for different folks. I don't think I'm a minority cause I have an iPad I'm by no means rich and me and my significant other have one. I use my iPad for different things then I use my phone fore I have different apps on each device so no I don't NEED a larger phone. I wouldn't put an iPad to my ear it's cumbersome and not practical unless I redo my wardrobe with all cargo pants. Also the iPad mini is on clearance at Walmart now for 299 splurge. Refurb iPad 3 is 315.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.