Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vcoleiro1

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
From those that have there hands on a mini, does it actually fit in a pocket? Like a standard coat or jacket pocket for example

I noticed when the mini was launched that it is .6" wider than a Nexus 7 and have been wondering if like the N7 it will fit in a pocket. My reservations say no, but I'd like to hear from those that have it whether it does or not?

Must admit from the videos and pics I've seen, it doesn't look like it would fit in a pocket. If it doesn't , it's a bit of a non event for me as I'm looking for something I can carry on me without a bag etc.

Last edited:

pasadena

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
Seattle, WA
It doesn't fit in my jeans' rear pocket. Not by much, but it doesn't. It would probably fit in a jacket or coat pocket, though.

It does fit beautifully in my purse (and it's not a very big one). The pocket problem is probably more of a men's problem.

if I may say so, guys : please stop using your pants' pockets as purses. Please.

Last edited:

MisterDisney

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
I don't know if I'll make a habit of doing it, but I tried just now (just for fun) and it fit in my pocket... with a little corner exposed.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
From those that have there hands on a mini, does it actually fit in a pocket?

I noticed when the mini was launched that it is .6" wider than a Nexus 7 and have been wondering if like the N7 it will fit in a pocket. My reservations say no, but I'd like to hear from those that have it whether it does or not?

Must admit from the videos and pics I've seen, it doesn't look like it would fit in a pocket. If it doesn't , it's a bit of a non event for me as I'm looking for something I can carry on me without a bag etc.

Depends on how large your pocket is. I can fit it in the pockets of some of my outerwear. Also fits in the cargo pockets of some pants.

sjn419

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2010
I would be interested to see if a market of clothing accessories starts to open up because it doesnt fit in pockets not because its too big to be in a pocket of clothing but because its bigger than the conventional pocket. Would be cool to have a whole line of ipad mini accommodating clothing. Personally I wear cargo shorts so maybe that would be a good option for me.

jonfarr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2012
Portland
Fits quite easily in a sweatshirt front pocket, if that helps.

It also fits in both front and back pockets of my jeans, with the top end slightly exposed.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
Fits in my back pocket.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    630 KB · Views: 1,223

Mak47

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
It'll fit in my back pocket, but sticks out. I can fit it in the front pocket of my pants, but it is a little tight. That said, it's nice to know I can. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.