Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WebHead

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
Now that we're at a point where the first of the iTunes Match subscriptions would have been up for renewal, and assuming Apple is improving iTunes Match accuracy all the time, I'm wondering ...

If I let my subscription lapse, then rejoin, will it scan my library from scratch and potentially match more songs? Or will my library remain on file for when I rejoin?

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
Now that we're at a point where the first of the iTunes Match subscriptions would have been up for renewal, and assuming Apple is improving iTunes Match accuracy all the time, I'm wondering ...

If I let my subscription lapse, then rejoin, will it scan my library from scratch and potentially match more songs? Or will my library remain on file for when I rejoin?

Class, anyone? ::grin::

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
Not sure if that would do it. But one way you could do this would be to copy all of your library files to a temporary location. Then delete the files from your iTunes library; letting it clear out your cloud library too. Then readd the files and let it try to scan your library again.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008

Your library is stored for 90days. So even if you lapse it's all still there for when you sign up again.

Not sure if that would do it. But one way you could do this would be to copy all of your library files to a temporary location. Then delete the files from your iTunes library; letting it clear out your cloud library too. Then readd the files and let it try to scan your library again.

The problem with that is if you uploaded 20GB of songs Apple deems "unmatched" from last year then you have to upload them again.

The obvious solution is for Apple to re-evaluate your uploaded songs and see if their updated database can now match it up right. But once again, Apple proves they have zero interest in improving a product once the media buzz has wore off.

Match is a good product but considering its a oaid service it definitely needs an update. (Options to grab iTunes Metadata, fix duplicates and rematch library are sorely missing and I'm surprised they didn't offer any new features for year 2)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.