Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
18, 16gb black iPhone 5, $30 monthly on a shared data plan, Sprint (I really want AT&T :/).

determined09

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
those who didn't answer should not of even wasted their time to post. The op is just curious how much everyone pays on their network to compare and see at what age most people leave their family plans. Bug off if you feel uncomfortable answering or disclosing your info ********g trolls .

My contribution to the thread : I just turned 20 and pay 25$ on atnt prepaid since i don't need data in december but next month going back to straight talk unlimited 45$ and i use iphone 5
lol

iRetired

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2012
WNY
Look at my username - that's a hint. Also - first computer class in high school was learning how to hardwire (look it up young'uns) mainframes. 64K? How about 8 hardwire connections to make one byte? First computer was an Osborne 1. I pay $80USD/mo, 4S.

The Osborne 1 was not a laptop--it was portable, but it weighed 25 pounds. It had no internal battery, so you had to plug it in.
The CPU was a Zilog Z-80, a very popular 8-bit microprocessor, running at 4 MHz.
The operating system was CP/M 2.2, the ancestor of MS-DOS.
It has 64 kbytes of dynamic RAM, which was automatically refreshed by the CPU.
Storage was two single-sided, single-density, 5¼-inch floppy disk drives.
The display was a 5-inch monochrome CRT, capable of 52 characters × 24 lines.

Application software bundled with the machine included dBase II, WordStar, SuperCalc and MBASIC (a CP/M version of Microsoft BASIC, Microsoft's first product).

The biggest drawback of the machine was the small amount of RAM.

Last edited:

Katieg-fm

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2012
Alberta
iPhone 5, 75$ telus (Canada) and I pay my own bills - have since 18. (My first phone was a Nokia 3210, with a very fantastic monochromatic display of about 16 pixels

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
What do you mean only? Some people I know are in their early 20s (21, 22) and their parents still pay for their phone bill. It's not law that you must after x age!

You're right it's not the law but at the age of 21 you're an adult and should pay your own freakin cell bill. I would be embarrassed to have my parents pay my cell bill at the age of 20/21. Guess I just come from a different time when you worked and paid for the luxury items in your life when you became an adult (turned 18). But hey, if some want to mooch off their parents no sweat off my sack.

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
27 have a 64gb verizon iPhone 5 white, 64gb iPhone 4 s white, two lines (mine and my wife's) and a iPad 64gb. $220 with a shared everything 20gb plan.

Oh and I pay it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.