Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shuffles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
dublin, ireland
The file you moved was the iMovie preferences list file. Such a file can become corrupted, which might lead to an application crashing. Though in this case, it seems not to have been the cause of the problem, unfortunately.

It seems to be working every second try or so

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
It seems to be working every second try or so

iMovie first launch, it sets all parameters in the plist file, upon next opening the App crashes, next crash protection restores the plist file/resets itself.
So every two times seems to be correct.

Are there any files in the iMovie folder in:

/Library
~/Home/Library

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I searched /Library but there was no iMovie folder. When I searched ~/Home/Library in 'Go To Folder' it said it didn't exist.

I am on an older System so they could be somewhere else like in /Library/ Application Support or ~/Home/Library/ Application Support.
If not look if there is a iMovie Caches in /library/Caches or ~/Home/Library/Caches.

If this fails too I am out of ideas, there could also be video components problems or other supporting files but then it gets hard.
reinstalling iMovie could solve this but I think it will be the same.

shuffles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
dublin, ireland
No worries, cheers. Also, would moving the file to the desktop disable any iMovie functions? I ask because I'm adding transitions to my clip but they're not working now. They are all in place but not showing when I play the video back. They're about 1.9 seconds each so they should be appearing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.