Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Feb 14, 2012, 07:26 AM   #1
jojoba
macrumors 65816

is there any way of getting better predictive text on iPad?

Are there any iPad apps for getting better predictive text? My Android phone has a brilliant predictive text app which makes writing so much easier. I miss something similar for Ipad.
jojoba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:07 AM   #2
mstrze
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to mstrze
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoba View Post
Are there any iPad apps for getting better predictive text? My Android phone has a brilliant predictive text app which makes writing so much easier. I miss something similar for Ipad.
Odd because I have always felt the iPad/iPhone predictive text is right much more often than wrong. It learns your preferences and typical word choices over time. Are you new to the iPad?
mstrze is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:26 PM   #3
jojoba
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrze View Post
Odd because I have always felt the iPad/iPhone predictive text is right much more often than wrong. It learns your preferences and typical word choices over time. Are you new to the iPad?
I've had my iPad for about five months, I think. I don't think it's terrible or anything. I just think the app I have on my Android phone is SO much better, and it's one of the few things that stops me from switching to iPhone. When I do extensive typing on my iPad I in any case bring an external keyboard along, so it's not a huge issue. I just think it's a shame that such a great product doesn't come with that kind of extra enhancement (for example, where you see three or four different alternatives come up as you type).
jojoba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:38 PM   #4
Lynx8
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoba View Post
I think this new app solves your problem!
https://itunes.apple.com/hr/app/pred...600160006?mt=8
Lynx8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:33 AM   #5
jojoba
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx8 View Post
I think this new app solves your problem!
https://itunes.apple.com/hr/app/pred...600160006?mt=8
This is exactly what I want but not confined to a single app! Very good predictive text, though. This stuff should become a standard option for the stock iOS keyboard. I typed this post in the app but then I had to copy and paste the text.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:23 PM   #6
Lynx8
macrumors newbie

There is no such thing as custom keyboard on iOS So we must wait till Apple makes this kind of thing in standard keyboard. I think they eventually will do this. Every other OS now has this "predictive text" thing. Apple is maybe trying to do this "the right way", and when they crack this problem, when they make this better than anyone - then we will see this in standard iOS keyboard!
Lynx8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:02 PM   #7
jojoba
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx8 View Post
There is no such thing as custom keyboard on iOS So we must wait till Apple makes this kind of thing in standard keyboard. I think they eventually will do this. Every other OS now has this "predictive text" thing. Apple is maybe trying to do this "the right way", and when they crack this problem, when they make this better than anyone - then we will see this in standard iOS keyboard!
I hope so! It's just so much more convenient. When that's added to iOS, I'll finally switch to iPhone.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps