Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:08 PM   #1
drakestan
macrumors regular

i5 Car Mounts

I'm looking for a mount in my car for my iPhone 5. My state declares anything on the windshield illegal so that is out of the picture. What I'm looking for is either something that sticks into the cigarette lighter, or maybe a vent or something.

I've been looking at the other ones for the older iphones and generic phones but it looks like it supports it underneath (which may block the headphone jack). Does anyone know of any that have a designated hole for the headphone jack for an auxiliary cable to run through? Or one that doesn't support it from the bottom?

EDIT: Ha, nevermind. I found out that using the lighting USB cable will send out the audio just the same. Just need to find a nice mount and a second cable

Last edited by drakestan; Nov 28, 2012 at 08:17 PM.
drakestan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:21 PM   #2
iamartimus
macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted

I liked my EXOGEAR, but it just broke today. I might get another one but I'm looking for something a little different. I really don't like windshield mounts because the phone is so far away, and I don't like the phone blocking my view of the road.
I did see one called WALLEE M (might be spelled wrong) that has several mounting options and utilizes strong magnets. There is a windshield mount, but I'm looking at a mounting button that I can stick on a pillar in my car and attach the phone to it.
Also looking at the one that goes in the CD player, but kinda clunky looking.
iamartimus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:01 PM   #3
mpgolfpro
macrumors member

I think this one looks pretty sweet. Im not really sure how it would feel to have a magnet sticking off the back of the phone though.

http://www.steelie.com/
mpgolfpro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:50 PM   #4
Sheldonsmith
macrumors member

I use a ProClip at www.proclipusa.com.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:41 AM   #5
numberforty1
macrumors 6502

Mostly all universal Vent clip mounts will work too.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:48 AM   #6
iamartimus
macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted

Removed post.

Last edited by iamartimus; Nov 29, 2012 at 02:52 AM.
iamartimus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:19 AM   #7
JamesWilliams12
macrumors member

One of the bests its U-Tree iPhone 5 and you can buy on amazon

Code:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008FQMUNQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B008FQMUNQ&linkCode=as2&tag=jetaehidhur-20
JamesWilliams12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:41 AM   #8
randallw
macrumors member

Bought H5 stand from Luxa2 maybe a year and a 1/2 ago (for my iPhone 4). Love it, and since it's just a adjustable width to hold my phone, it can still be used with the iPhone 5 (thought they released some new "Premium" version which looks exactly the same).

http://www.luxa2.com/product_showroom.aspx?s=21

It looks like the bottom part of the arm would be in the same spot as the headphone jack (if you use that as opposed to the lightning port for music). I mount it to my dash via one of those suction pad bases from a Garmin GPS unit.
randallw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:00 AM   #9
linds15
macrumors 6502a

i like the mountek that can be found on amazon, sticks into the cd tray so on most cars its in a perfect position for GPS and to use
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:10 AM   #10
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldonsmith View Post
I use a ProClip at www.proclipusa.com.
ProClip is a nice system, a bit $$ but works well.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:00 PM   #11
Giuly
macrumors 68040

Location: That depends whether you ask for timezone, state of mind or GPS coordinates.
The iOttie One-Touch is also one of the nicer ones, with a one-finger locking and unlocking mechanism and a strong suction cup for the windshield.
Thumb resize.
Giuly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2014, 10:23 AM   #12
vulcanvillalta
macrumors 6502

I have a techmatte one. I have several products from this company, and they all are pretty good. When i bought it, ther was a sale on for this plus car charger with a few dollars off.
vulcanvillalta is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2014, 04:22 AM   #13
alanrocks
macrumors regular

I use the breffo spiderpodium. It's a different type of mount to the sucker cups ones. Works well!
alanrocks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2014, 09:04 AM   #14
vulcanvillalta
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifermax View Post
I think it is 2 expensive.NOT WORTH
I agree, $30 is a bit too much for that.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:56 AM   #15
bearwrestler
macrumors regular

I have the progrip car mount. It's a sight better than any $30 one, and it's lasted me for a few months now, no trouble at all. And it's only like $10.
bearwrestler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2014, 06:07 PM   #16
crashnburn
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanrocks View Post
I use the breffo spiderpodium. It's a different type of mount to the sucker cups ones. Works well!
Available on Ebay from China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifermax View Post
I think it is 2 expensive.NOT WORTH
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcanvillalta View Post
I agree, $30 is a bit too much for that.
Hope it comes soon on ebay. These guys charge too high and then get upset when chinese guys sell for few dollars only. Fair price it and people wont go that way.
crashnburn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2014, 06:16 PM   #17
1080p
macrumors 68000

Belkin Tunebase:
Old Aug 1, 2014, 08:39 AM   #18
vulcanvillalta
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnburn View Post
Hope it comes soon on ebay. These guys charge too high and then get upset when chinese guys sell for few dollars only. Fair price it and people wont go that way.
Very true. People don't like the month long wait from China, so if it were priced a little better, they would definitely go with the Continental seller.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 03:17 AM   #19
alanrocks
macrumors regular

[QUOTE=crashnburn;19427256]Available on Ebay from China.

I don't buy from China.

I read somewhere that they use a latex material with the Spider which is harmful to people with a latex allergy.

They don't care about the health and safety of any counterfeit products they produce!
alanrocks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2014, 08:48 AM   #20
vulcanvillalta
macrumors 6502

[QUOTE=alanrocks;19442933]
Quote:

I don't buy from China.

I read somewhere that they use a latex material with the Spider which is harmful to people with a latex allergy.

They don't care about the health and safety of any counterfeit products they produce!
Well I wouldn't go that far... They might not care too much about quality control, but they DO what people to buy their things, so naturally they try their best to manufacture somewhat nice products. as for the latex, I don't think they are doing it to spite those with allergies.... That seems kinda evil
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:28 AM   #21
crashnburn
macrumors regular

[QUOTE=alanrocks;19442933]
Quote:

I don't buy from China.

I bet the continental spiders are also made in china :P
crashnburn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 09:17 AM   #22
juliehrobak
macrumors member

I use a techmatte one as well. It was on amazon for a pretty good price, and it works really well. It doesn't get in the way of any ports or cables.
juliehrobak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2014, 11:18 AM   #23
bearwrestler
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliehrobak View Post
I use a techmatte one as well. It was on amazon for a pretty good price, and it works really well. It doesn't get in the way of any ports or cables.
I use that one too.
bearwrestler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:44 PM   #24
britt224
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up Found one at Amazon.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakestan View Post
I'm looking for a mount in my car for my iPhone 5. My state declares anything on the windshield illegal so that is out of the picture. What I'm looking for is either something that sticks into the cigarette lighter, or maybe a vent or something.

I've been looking at the other ones for the older iphones and generic phones but it looks like it supports it underneath (which may block the headphone jack). Does anyone know of any that have a designated hole for the headphone jack for an auxiliary cable to run through? Or one that doesn't support it from the bottom?

EDIT: Ha, nevermind. I found out that using the lighting USB cable will send out the audio just the same. Just need to find a nice mount and a second cable
Hi,
I have the same issue, and checked at Amazon.com,...I tried this nice gadget, and it works great for my iphone6. Used it today, stays in place and keeps my phone from falling on the floor while Im driving,...really strong grip, nice neat, sleek design. I won't lose my phone in the car anymore.
Check if you have an Amazon Prime (free shipping),... my friend shared to me this site> Coupon (50% free) from this seller http://www.fun4-you.com/coupon-codes/. No risk- 100% refund-and why not . Try and take care!
britt
britt224 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories