Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:51 PM   #1
jwhazel
macrumors regular

Can you not buy more than 1 phone on contract through Apples online store?

Wifes b-day is coming up soon so I thought I'd upgrade both of our phones to the 5. So I thought I'd do a dry run just so the preorder goes smoothly before I leave for work. Using the iphone 4s on apples site:

Select phone #1 > Select 'Replace a phone on my account with a new iPhone' > Check eligibility (enter phone #1 = good) > add to cart

Select phone #2 > Select 'Replace a phone on my account with a new iPhone' > Check eligibility (enter phone #2 = good) > add to cart

You're then presented with this message:
Only one carrier-activated iPhone can be ordered at a time. Please make sure only one carrier-activated iPhone is in your Cart. Your Cart may contain multiple unlocked iPhones.

Will not let you checkout. Can you really not upgrade 2 phones through the online store or am I missing something
jwhazel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:54 PM   #2
tigres
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhazel View Post
Wifes b-day is coming up soon so I thought I'd upgrade both of our phones to the 5. So I thought I'd do a dry run just so the preorder goes smoothly before I leave for work. Using the iphone 4s on apples site:

Select phone #1 > Select 'Replace a phone on my account with a new iPhone' > Check eligibility (enter phone #1 = good) > add to cart

Select phone #2 > Select 'Replace a phone on my account with a new iPhone' > Check eligibility (enter phone #2 = good) > add to cart

You're then presented with this message:
Only one carrier-activated iPhone can be ordered at a time. Please make sure only one carrier-activated iPhone is in your Cart. Your Cart may contain multiple unlocked iPhones.

Will not let you checkout. Can you really not upgrade 2 phones through the online store or am I missing something
Are you serious?
was going to do the same. I will wait for others to post some information; I was not sure of this myself. 2 orders/2 shipments/ same address/ same day- makes no sense.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:59 PM   #3
jwhazel
macrumors regular

Try it and see if you can get it to work. I even tried "upgrading" to mobile share plan on one at the full price ($40 plan + $45 phone). Theres no option on the other phone to just tack on another $45 phone, its the full $85 like you're applying for a seperate plan.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:01 PM   #4
CrAkD
macrumors 68030

Ouch this is going to clog up the system tonight
CrAkD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:04 PM   #5
dave006
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigres View Post
Are you serious?
was going to do the same. I will wait for others to post some information; I was not sure of this myself. 2 orders/2 shipments/ same address/ same day- makes no sense.
Yep two orders, 2 shipments. One order per phone number. They could even come from different lines based on capacity / color ordered.

Dave
dave006 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:10 PM   #6
dndandrea
macrumors regular

I'm going to be ordering 2 as well. We are both eligible for upgraded phones. I wonder if i'll be quick enough to make 2 separate orders or if apple is going to fix this so I can order both in one transaction.
dndandrea is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:14 PM   #7
tigres
macrumors 68040

I am going via the iphone app like last year. Thanks for the heads up OP.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:16 PM   #8
dave006
macrumors 68000

Well it has been that way in the past and it is still true if you want to order an iPhone 4S today. So don't expect it to change.

Dave
dave006 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:32 PM   #9
CrAkD
macrumors 68030

Got my express checkout all setup I'm ready!
CrAkD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:37 PM   #10
jwhazel
macrumors regular

I didn't realize you could make 2 separate orders, interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigres View Post
I am going via the iphone app like last year. Thanks for the heads up OP.
So are you saying the iphone app will allow you to purchase multiples at a time or just that its easier than using a web browser?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:43 PM   #11
tigres
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhazel View Post
I didn't realize you could make 2 separate orders, interesting.

So are you saying the iphone app will allow you to purchase multiples at a time or just that its easier than using a web browser?
I only ordered one last year, and yes- app is simple as ever.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone