Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:38 PM   #1
PrayForDeath
macrumors 6502

Any lag browsing digital magazines on iPad 4?

I'd like to ask the iPad 4 owners if they are seeing any lag while browsing digital magazines at retina resolution. For example, when I use Zinio on my iPad 3, some pages will initially look very blocky, and then 2 seconds later will render all the details. Is this effect still present on the iPad 4?
PrayForDeath is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:46 PM   #2
technopimp
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrayForDeath View Post
I'd like to ask the iPad 4 owners if they are seeing any lag while browsing digital magazines at retina resolution. For example, when I use Zinio on my iPad 3, some pages will initially look very blocky, and then 2 seconds later will render all the details. Is this effect still present on the iPad 4?
I think the app does this. It's done it on every iPad I've owned. I don't think it has anything to do with the device. Probably how they're pre-rendering or whatever.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 01:32 PM   #3
PrayForDeath
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by technopimp View Post
I think the app does this. It's done it on every iPad I've owned. I don't think it has anything to do with the device. Probably how they're pre-rendering or whatever.
I've had this happen in other apps too though, Zinio was just the first thing that came to mind.
PrayForDeath is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:37 PM   #4
CandyNJ66
macrumors regular

Quote:
Afraid so because I checked Zinio on my iPad 4.

Newsstand magazines are much smoother in my opinion without the 2 second text thing
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:38 PM   #5
AdonisSMU
macrumors 68000

Quote:
I havent noticed anything just yet but I will definitely keep an eye out.
AdonisSMU is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad