|Nov 16, 2012, 09:47 AM||#1|
MacBook Air w iPad mini or Mac Mini w iPad 4
I'm in a unique situation. About 90% to 95% of my workflow can be done on an iPad along with a keyboard. Currently, I use a Logitech ultrathin keyboard cover. I love it. I love the set up and I love how everything is working out. For the other 5% of the time, I need to depend on the family Mac mini or the wife's MacBook Pro (wow is that heavy by comparison now!).
I've stumbled on a craigslist ad for a year old, last generation MacBook Air 11" with 4 GB of RAM and a 128 GB solid state drive. He's asking $600 for it and seems pretty genuine and legit. I am still within my 30 days to be able to return my iPad 4 and keyboard and basically 'exchange' it for the cost of purchasing this mini. My old regret would be that I actually need the iPad for some public speaking events I do with the non profit that I work for.
Anyways, all this being said. What would you do? Would you do the combo that I currently have with the family Mac mini partnered with the iPad set up that I have or would you go with purchasing a MacBook Air and later on get an iPad mini. I also have an iPhone, so I don't want to overkill it if you know what I mean.
The thing that I don't like is the whole idea of purchasing someone else's technology and wondering how they or if they even cared for it. Make sense? Anyways, I await your thoughts and wonder what you would do in this case. Thanks again!
|Nov 16, 2012, 02:59 PM||#2|
I would go for the Ipad mini and a macbook air. I currently use my 2011 macbook air 13" all the time when at work, and then my Ipad when I'm out at meetings and so on. If I had to choose one or the other it would be the air hands down. It is a pleasure to use.
Then later on you can get another iPad/ipad mini.
|Nov 16, 2012, 03:13 PM||#3|
Good luck w/ what you choose.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|All iPads: iMac and ipad air vs MacBook Air and ipad mini||i0Nic||iPad||10||May 23, 2014 10:35 PM|
|iPad Air vs iPad Mini Retina vs Macbook Air 11"||petvas||Buying Tips and Advice||19||Feb 4, 2014 12:17 AM|
|iPad: Ipad air, Ipad mini retina and Ipad mini space grey photo thread||gadget123||iPad||0||Nov 1, 2013 05:44 PM|
|Goodbye MacBook Air 11inch! Hello Mac Mini! (iPad & iPhone Included)||HappyDude20||Mac mini||12||Jan 3, 2013 08:59 AM|
|MacRumors Roundups for iPad Mini, 13-Inch Retina MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac Mini||MacRumors||MacRumors.com News Discussion||56||Oct 23, 2012 09:38 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.