Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GanChan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2005
Since Yahoo is switching its webhosting service to 100% FTPS by Feb. 19th, I thought I'd go ahead and switch my Cyberduck uploading preference to FTPS now. But when I try to upload using this method, Cyberduck throws an "unrecognized certificate" error. (It will allow me to upload via FTP as usual.) Should I just proceed with the FTPS upload anyway the next time I see this message? Will Cyberduck recognize the certificate the next time I open and run it? Is this the sort of thing that requires, say, a computer re-boot?

Thanks!:)

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
Since Yahoo is switching its webhosting service to 100% FTPS by Feb. 19th, I thought I'd go ahead and switch my Cyberduck uploading preference to FTPS now. But when I try to upload using this method, Cyberduck throws an "unrecognized certificate" error. (It will allow me to upload via FTP as usual.) Should I just proceed with the FTPS upload anyway the next time I see this message? Will Cyberduck recognize the certificate the next time I open and run it? Is this the sort of thing that requires, say, a computer re-boot?

Thanks!:)

I find cyberduck to be a bit clunky. I would create a new profile and make sure ftps is the only thing configured for that profile, then delete the old ftp-based profile or at least never use it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.