Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Edge

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2005
I've just received this adapter to transfer some information from a 2010 Macbook air SSD (and as a handy back-up tool just in case.)

The instructions however, are in Chinese. They involve a jumper setting which enables (or disables) a voltage regulator (I think) marked with 1084-33 APL GH50U or some such.

If anyone can help with the translation, it would be much appreciated. (I trust this is the correct sub-forum.)

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 2013-03-16 14-50.pdf
    360.8 KB · Views: 168

canning911

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
I've just received this adapter to transfer some information from a 2010 Macbook air SSD (and as a handy back-up tool just in case.)

The instructions however, are in Chinese. They involve a jumper setting which enables (or disables) a voltage regulator (I think) marked with 1084-33 APL GH50U or some such.

If anyone can help with the translation, it would be much appreciated. (I trust this is the correct sub-forum.)

Thanks in advance.

Q: how to use the jumper setting?
A: shortcut the port 1 and 2 will use the original 3.3v power output. Connecting the port 2 and 3 will use 1084-33 (a method of power output?) instead.

Q: what kind of situation can we use the original 3.3v?
A: check the SATA cable to see if there is a orange line within. If there is any then it supports 3.3v power output.

Q: why should we use the jumper setting?
A: the 1084-33 apl is should be universal and PnP friendly. However it (ic of 1084-33) might have some heat problems because it will consume more power. (The original 3.3v output should be fine regarding to the heat problem)

Edge

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2005
Thank you so much.

That is extraordinarily helpful, as it would seem that I can't blow up the Macbook air SSD by choosing the wrong jumper setting. And that it down volts the 5V line on most SATA cables using the 1084-33 APL whathaveyou, hence the heat warning.

Thank you again.

canning911

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
Thank you so much.

That is extraordinarily helpful, as it would seem that I can't blow up the Macbook air SSD by choosing the wrong jumper setting. And that it down volts the 5V line on most SATA cables using the 1084-33 APL whathaveyou, hence the heat warning.

Thank you again.

You are very welcome! :)

eyepea

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2012
Q: how to use the jumper setting?
A: shortcut the port 1 and 2 will use the original 3.3v power output. Connecting the port 2 and 3 will use 1084-33 (a method of power output?) instead.

Q: what kind of situation can we use the original 3.3v?
A: check the SATA cable to see if there is a orange line within. If there is any then it supports 3.3v power output.

Q: why should we use the jumper setting?
A: the 1084-33 apl is should be universal and PnP friendly. However it (ic of 1084-33) might have some heat problems because it will consume more power. (The original 3.3v output should be fine regarding to the heat problem)

I usually guess my way through the Chinese instructions of the great gadgets I buy on eBay. You had absolutely nooooo chance with that one. Hehe

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.