Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ceezy

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2011
Does this back disrupt wifi at for you?
I have one and my wifi drops in and out...took it off and it seems like wifi is staying constant now. (wifi is fine on my mbp btw)

I am going to continue to experiment...just wondering if you have found it to be similar.

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
I've got exactly the same gray/gray setup as Hazycloud. So far so good. I'd actually prefer black instead of gray, but the CoverBuddy I had on my iPad 4 was the matte black & was a huge greasy fingerprint magnet...or at least the finish showed them clearly. At least the gray color of my Mini cover masks them...so I'm a happy camper! :)

I think the CoverBuddy/SmartCover combo is excellent. And...WiFi is not inhibited at all, nor do I have any cracking corners...yet.

ceezy

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2011
Does this back disrupt wifi at for you?
I have one and my wifi drops in and out...took it off and it seems like wifi is staying constant now. (wifi is fine on my mbp btw)

I am going to continue to experiment...just wondering if you have found it to be similar.

Seems to be working much better without the back cover...a shame as I like it but it's frustrating when it drops in and out so much. Going to continue using it without to see how it does.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
My replacement now has a split corner. Not sure if they are just not built well or what, because I am really careful with my devices and have not dropped, bumped or done anything to cause the crack.

rpearlberg

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2010
I love the look of these with the smart cover! I may have to get one! Can anyone post a pic of either the dark gray or light gray with a black iPad?

mbp17xxx

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
Sydney
My replacement now has a split corner. Not sure if they are just not built well or what, because I am really careful with my devices and have not dropped, bumped or done anything to cause the crack.

I like Switcheasy, but this case is crap, even if you take really good care of it at some time the corners will crack. I had 2 of these both cracked in the corner :mad:

DON'T BUY THIS CASE!!!

rpearlberg

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2010
I like Switcheasy, but this case is crap, even if you take really good care of it at some time the corners will crack. I had 2 of these both cracked in the corner :mad:

DON'T BUY THIS CASE!!!

That's disappointing!! What is another one like this that is better quality?

phonewentwest

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
My switcheasy cover buddy finally corner cracked so now I have just the apple Smart Cover on and love it. Feels so much better without that backing. Should have just done this from the start.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Sure thing. Sorry for the crappy quality, took the pics in horrible lighting with my 4S. The red is actually a lot more vibrant. Might try to take more later in natural light.

IMG_2784.jpg

IMG_2787.jpg

IMG_2794.jpg

IMG_2755.jpg
I did the coverbuddy black with red smart cover on last iPad. :thumbsup:

Went tan smart case this time. Still not sure which I like better, could go either way. I do mis the ability while at home to just pull off and ditch the cover for a while.

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
I do mis the ability while at home to just pull off and ditch the cover for a while.

This is the nice thing about Smart Cover + back shell combo. Instead of folding it back just pull it right off and out the way. I have both smart case and Smart Cover.

Last edited:

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Any cases like the cover buddy with a second mic cutout?

Not yet, I wish they'd update it as I have not found anything as well made. For now I'm using the ipad mini coverbuddy on the mini retina. It works but needs the cutout.

AntnyMikal

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2012
Here is one I got off Amazon 9$, it has all the proper cut outs for the air.

My only complaints:
1. Speaker holes are slightly off (they still sound the same as they did without case though, so no biggie!

2. It was extremely cold out the day I got it, I (had to sit it by my space heater for a minute under a book with the edges in to get the original shape back for a tight fit) after that though snug as a glove

Great feel, buttons sealed from debri, still light enough to enjoy for extended periods and works great with Smart Cover.

Price is great, just had to read the description as some of the colors don't come in this material. I also believe they make air and mini retina versions.

utydyvuj.jpg

y5apete9.jpg

sy7y8ubu.jpg

usurudad.jpg

yqyre6u7.jpg

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010
Thanks for the pics! Do you have to take off the finite tpu to put a Smart Cover on?

TBONE72

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
Here is one I got off Amazon 9$, it has all the proper cut outs for the air.

My only complaints:
1. Speaker holes are slightly off (they still sound the same as they did without case though, so no biggie!

2. It was extremely cold out the day I got it, I (had to sit it by my space heater for a minute under a book with the edges in to get the original shape back for a tight fit) after that though snug as a glove

Great feel, buttons sealed from debri, still light enough to enjoy for extended periods and works great with Smart Cover.

Price is great, just had to read the description as some of the colors don't come in this material. I also believe they make air and mini retina versions.

Did you add that Velcro to the back?

AntnyMikal

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2012
Did you add that Velcro to the back?

Yeah, I added the Velcro. The case closes on the front fine and the magnets are pretty strong, but not so much on the back. This differs from iPad to iPad, and cover to cover. I just don't like mine flapping around, some people don't mind that though.

ac921ol

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2011
does the switcheasy or fintie work with the logitech ultrathin keyboard???

I ordered 2 cases off amazon to try, but want one that will 100% work with the logitech keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.