Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
View attachment 395314
If I am correct, which I am not sure i am, my decompiler has done it's deeds well.

That's a beautiful hexdump of ... something. But a decompiler (or deassembler) would you give something more readable.
The dump you showed could be even just content of the video memory.

By the way: depend on where you live decompiling might be illegal; just something to check on aswell.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
The image is a hexdump as others mention. Not much you can do with that, even with a decompiler or disassembler. I remember messing around with them long ago and the tools would try to turn data into code, which resulted in some really weird and useless code. We still needed to find the source code before we could do anything useful.

rabidz7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
Ohio
The image is a hexdump as others mention. Not much you can do with that, even with a decompiler or disassembler. I remember messing around with them long ago and the tools would try to turn data into code, which resulted in some really weird and useless code. We still needed to find the source code before we could do anything useful.

So, If I give you the code for a 7970, and pay cash you could build an open firmware ROM.

ybz90

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
So, If I give you the code for a 7970, and pay cash you could build an open firmware ROM.

One, no. It'd still be very difficult to do and likely to be impossible for all intents and purposes. Two, no, because you don't have the code.

rjcalifornia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
El Salvador

Are you serious? Please tell me you are joking. Weren't you the one who was all like "I can do it, I can decompile it" and now you want to pay someone to do something that's very impossible?

Please, please, someone close this senseless thread. We had more than enough.

:rolleyes:

Goftrey

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2011
Wales, UK

steve-ballmer-facepalm.jpg

ybz90

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009

Also, for the record, you couldn't afford to pay me to write you a ROM. In the professional/academic world, programmers can easily make 100-200/hr. Or alternately, we might be paid by lines, but well outside the range of the allowance your parents give you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.