Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Basspro85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2012
So I am taking this online class and my teachers upload audio powerpoints in a .Jar format... I am trying to move these into itunes so I can put the lectures on my iPhone/ipad
Does anyone know of a program I could use to change the format into a .mp4?

Thanks for any help :D

kgs

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
So I am taking this online class and my teachers upload audio powerpoints in a .Jar format... I am trying to move these into itunes so I can put the lectures on my iPhone/ipad
Does anyone know of a program I could use to change the format into a .mp4?

Thanks for any help :D

.jar files are java. Not sure you'll be able to get the audio out of it with a tool to just extract the audio.

Your only option is likely going to be something like Wiretap Studio.

I'd suggest Audio Hijack Pro, but I've been pretty unhappy with Rogue Amoeba's support lately and their blame Apple attitude for a lot of things.

So, Wiretap Studio would allow you to play the audio files from the webpage (since it's java, i assume you listen to it via the web browser) then use Wiretap Studio to record the audio playing in that application (browser).

It does have to happen real time rather than accelerated. But it would do what you're asking.

kgs

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
Something else you can try

rename the .jar to .zip

Then unzip it and see if the audio file is contained inside it.

Possible, but you should probably cross your fingers on this one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.