Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
So my iPhone had some problems and after returning from the apple store i went to restore from my backup....and its not there. I went to the location of the backups in finder and although there is a folder for my iPhone there isnt anything in it. Further more I use time machine and I went back a month and its still not there.... the folder is still empty. Any help will be great

Last edited:

duneriderltr450

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Oregon
So my iPhone had some problems and after returning from the apple store i went to restore from my backup....and its not there. I went to the location of the backups in finder and although there is a folder for my iPhone there isnt anything in it. Further more I use time machine and I went back a month and its still not there.... the folder is still empty. Any help will be great

I've never used OSX but is there some kind of options on it for show hidden files like on Windows?

wacky4alanis

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2009
Did you tell iTunes to back up your iPhone in the "Cloud"? Maybe it's out there somewhere. Good luck!

Ajones330

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
SEC Country
I imagine it has to be in the cloud. I back my iPhone up to the computer and when I tried to do it to the cloud I believe it showed that when I sync in iTunes those backups would stop. If that's not the case then I'm not sure...

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
Nope it wasn't in the cloud and it was no where to be found on my computer. To let everyone know because of icloud I was able to get the essentials back so it wasn't that big of a loss.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.