Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17, 2013, 08:10 PM   #1
iteachmac
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Random clicking from new iPad mini

I feel like I'm going crazy. My new ipad mini, which is amazing in so many ways, emits a soft click at random. Usually after a combination of a swipe and a home key press. I cannot find any combination that will trigger the click, but it is definitely triggered by a touch.

Whether the volume is up or muted, it stays soft, almost in audible. I really like this thing, but its starting to make me ill.

Anyone heard of such behavior?
iteachmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2013, 09:15 AM   #2
Bear
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Sol III - Terra
I have not. If it's still within the 2 week window, return it and get a new one. Otherwise try and get it exchanged under warranty.
__________________
-----Bear
Bear is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2013, 12:55 PM   #3
TyPod
macrumors 68000
 
TyPod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: And Yourself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
I have not. If it's still within the 2 week window, return it and get a new one. Otherwise try and get it exchanged under warranty.
I agree. I would go to an Apple Store and get it checked out. If you feel like it's going to bother you a bunch, I would definitely get it replaced if it's a valid problem.
__________________
01010100 01111001 01101100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01001100 01101001 01100100 01100100 01101001 01100011 01101111 01100001 01110100 powerhourplaylists.com
TyPod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2013, 07:26 AM   #4
MrXiro
macrumors 68020
 
MrXiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by iteachmac View Post
I feel like I'm going crazy. My new ipad mini, which is amazing in so many ways, emits a soft click at random. Usually after a combination of a swipe and a home key press. I cannot find any combination that will trigger the click, but it is definitely triggered by a touch.

Whether the volume is up or muted, it stays soft, almost in audible. I really like this thing, but its starting to make me ill.

Anyone heard of such behavior?
My release day Mini was clicking/creaking because my glass became separated from the edge on the volume button side. Every time I pushed down on the screed it make a slight creaking clicking noise. I got mine swapped out.
__________________
Whole lotta Apples, very little $.
MrXiro is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2013, 07:41 AM   #5
Kebabselector
macrumors 68020
 
Kebabselector's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Birmingham, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXiro View Post
My release day Mini was clicking/creaking because my glass became separated from the edge on the volume button side. Every time I pushed down on the screed it make a slight creaking clicking noise. I got mine swapped out.
Mine had a similar problem on the top of the unit. Slight click everytime I touched that area. As with MrXiro it was swapped with out any problems.
__________________
Mac Mini 1.66Ghz/2gb - 2.3/i5/8gb - MacBook 2.0Ghz/2gb
iPhone 4 S⃣ 32gb - iPad Mini Retina 16gb wifi
Others: Canon Eos Stuff - Passat - Smeg - Firewire devices - Prefers Matte
Kebabselector is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2013, 06:43 AM   #6
Defender2010
macrumors 68000
 
Defender2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by iteachmac View Post
I feel like I'm going crazy. My new ipad mini, which is amazing in so many ways, emits a soft click at random. Usually after a combination of a swipe and a home key press. I cannot find any combination that will trigger the click, but it is definitely triggered by a touch.

Whether the volume is up or muted, it stays soft, almost in audible. I really like this thing, but its starting to make me ill.

Anyone heard of such behavior?
I have heard this too in a silent room. It almost sounds electrical instead of a physical click. Thought I was going crazy, but a friend also heard it when scrolling fast through a page.
__________________
W2P KLD talking...what's your handle, WR2 GFO?
Defender2010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad mini random restart bova80 iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 2 Apr 6, 2014 10:05 AM
iPad Mini: iPad Mini Retina Screen Clicking Noise B.Chang iPad 4 Jan 10, 2014 11:43 AM
A7X-Based iPad and iPad Mini Expected to Launch in 4Q 2013, Lower-Cost A6 iPad Mini to Follow in 2014 MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 178 Oct 11, 2013 07:52 AM
Weird, random clicking Noise maxkim Mac Basics and Help 14 Oct 8, 2013 03:08 PM
iPad Mini: Random Thoughts on iPad Mini PBz iPad 12 Nov 2, 2012 07:51 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC