Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jul 7, 2013, 10:09 AM   #1
php111
macrumors regular

Tagging songs and on my iPod disc 2 not start at track 1

Hey, I'm trying to tag my music. I am going to provide how I'm doing it along with the problem I'm having. Would someone please jump in by replying to this thread and assist me?

This example is a 2 CD album. I'm using an iPod Classic 160GB. This is done on a Windows PC running the latest version of iTunes. I don't use the albums or any of that on my iPod. I use folders and playlists. Also, every change I do it does auto sync.

Now, there are 11 tracks on disc 1, and 9 tracks on disc 2. I highlight all tracks from D1, and fill in disc 1 of 2, and the first disc tracks should be 1 of 11, 2 of 11.

The second disc should be disc 2 of 2, and tracks should be 1 of 9, 2 of 9.

When playing back on my iPod, it would show 1 of 20, and the second disc would play track 12 and not track 1. Am I missing something? And how if possible could I get every disc of the set to play at track 1 and not the next track in numerical order after the previous disc ended?

I am trying to get some answers.

Thank you,
php111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2013, 11:08 AM   #2
Plutonius
macrumors 601

Do you have iTunes match ?
Plutonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2013, 11:32 AM   #3
php111
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonius View Post
Do you have iTunes match ?
No, I don't use iTunes Match for my playlists & folders. If I do have it then I don't use it. May I ask what is it used, how does it work, and would it fix the tagging problems I opened this thread with, and how do I use it?

Could you answer those questions? I never heard of iTunes Match, so that is why I'm asking.
php111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2013, 04:56 PM   #4
Plutonius
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by php111 View Post
No, I don't use iTunes Match for my playlists & folders. If I do have it then I don't use it. May I ask what is it used, how does it work, and would it fix the tagging problems I opened this thread with, and how do I use it?

Could you answer those questions? I never heard of iTunes Match, so that is why I'm asking.
iTunes Match.

I have it and like it but it has screwed up a few of my playlist.
Plutonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod