Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Masteroftime

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Any folks in the UK ever use this?

TVCatchup.com

The kind of service this website provides is amazing. I have a strange feeling Apple might do something like an App version of this. The website used to allow people to view a calendar with shows they select, and would allow people to click the show and set it to record to the cloud. Now it lets you view shows from certain channels in real time on any device. Is it possible for Apple to do something like what TVCatchup used to offer?

Last edited:

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I'm in the US, but I know what that is. And yeah, it's pretty great. You guys get so much good stuff over there. :eek:

I think it'll end up being a subscription plan though. Otherwise you're going to get the whole nation buying these $99 boxes. Similar reason why Freeview is not something that would work here. Not that people don't want it, it's that 10 million+ want it.

sk24iam

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2009
I hope iTV is a TV with ios built in that has an app that allows you to subscribe to only the live channels you are interested in. Also, ios games on a TV would be awesome.

spykthomas

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2012
There is an app for TVCatchup on iPad.

I use it when I want to watch TV when cooking. There is a 30 second delay between live broadcast and this app.

I am waiting for Apple to try and register the iTV name in the UK and not be able to, as it is already the name of a broadcasting company.

They can't call it AppleTV, as that is the little box, and would get confusing... Good luck Apple!

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I am waiting for Apple to try and register the iTV name in the UK and not be able to, as it is already the name of a broadcasting company.

They can't call it AppleTV, as that is the little box, and would get confusing... Good luck Apple!

AppleView
iView
iStream
AppleScreen
ATVDisplay
Somehow with all the creative people at Apple I think they will think of something!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.