Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DC Daniel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
The Netherlands
Hi,

I'm having trouble installing themes, or extensions for google chrome. My OS is Snow Leopard (I updated to 10.6.6 today and this hasn't solved my problem) and i'm using the newest chrome version (8.0.552.231). When I click on the official themes of Chrome is says it's loading for eternity. When I try to install a third party extension or theme it downloads a .crx file. when i click on the .crx file is asks for my permissions to continue and when i click continue it downloads the .crx file all over again (i get a (1) file (double)) and nothing happens. Also when I rename the file to .zip and open it I get a .zip.cpgz file and when I open that it becomes a .zip again. When I try to rename it to .7z or .rar it says the directory is either empty or invalid, when I finally get my imac to open the .zip.cpgz I get a empty folder. I've already tried reinstalling several times and also i've tried completely reseting several times (deleted the default folder). Nothing has worked so far, also ask where to save is off.
Can someone please help me ?!
(i've already tried several other forums including the official one of google but nobody was able to help so far. So now i'm trying Macrumors since this is the ultimate mac forum)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.