Old Aug 5, 2012, 05:59 PM   #51
ET iPhone Home
macrumors 68000

What about one for Sprint? Please.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 06:24 PM   #52
wynnandrewj
macrumors newbie

Another ?

Another question I didn't think to ask before. Must the Verizon line be active for 60 days, or must that specific iPhone be active on the line for 60 days. Eg. can I buy a 4s, put it on a line on my family plan that has been in good standing for more than 60 days, call Verizon to unlock it, and then put the original phone back on the line leaving my 4s unlocked?
wynnandrewj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2012, 08:03 PM   #53
aznguyen316
macrumors 68000

^ kind of curious on that question, but in a different manner.

I got my phone unlocked by Verizon as I purchased it from them when it released. Anyway, if I bought a new phone and thus removing the 4s from my account, can it still be used unlocked on a foreign carrier without it being tied to a verizon account? Like if I sold the phone to someone that needed the unlocked SIM. Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:58 PM   #54
Eunicebright
macrumors newbie

Would really want to know the answer to that question as well. Can I still be able to use my iPhone unlocked with a foreign sim if I choose the cancel that line of service from Verizon or replace it with another phone?

Last edited by Eunicebright; Aug 15, 2012 at 04:04 PM.
Eunicebright is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:11 PM   #55
wynnandrewj
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynnandrewj View Post
Another question I didn't think to ask before. Must the Verizon line be active for 60 days, or must that specific iPhone be active on the line for 60 days. Eg. can I buy a 4s, put it on a line on my family plan that has been in good standing for more than 60 days, call Verizon to unlock it, and then put the original phone back on the line leaving my 4s unlocked?
Resolved. Didn't need to be on the active phone line. I bought it on eBay and the minute I got the IMEI called VZW, put it on a line that hasn't had a phone on it for months, had them unlock it, and then put a dumb phone back on the line so as not to pay for data.
wynnandrewj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:43 PM   #56
marksmith12
macrumors newbie

iPhone Unlock in Easy Way

There can be multiple way to unlock iphone but depends on how much time you have to spent. If you have much time to spent on unlocking iphone then you can go through any way by searching over internet. If you are professional and don't have much time then it is best to use any third party service to unlock iphone. However, it is not free and requires some amount from you but it trusty and secure. Go to Unlock iPhone for effective third party services.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:22 AM   #57
JerseyDoug
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmith12 View Post
There can be multiple way to unlock iphone but depends on how much time you have to spent. If you have much time to spent on unlocking iphone then you can go through any way by searching over internet. If you are professional and don't have much time then it is best to use any third party service to unlock iphone. However, it is not free and requires some amount from you but it trusty and secure. Go to Unlock iPhone for effective third party services.
No, I think the easy route is to follow the instructions in this thread. Why would I pay someone when vzw will do it quickly and for free?
JerseyDoug is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:58 AM   #58
jacksmit
macrumors newbie

Moving permanently to South Africa

Can I unlock it this way and will it always work despite the fact that I might never come back to the states?
jacksmit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2012, 04:19 PM   #59
bargainstinker
macrumors newbie

I made the mistake of not making sure my iphone 4s was unlocked before leaving the country. Now I am in Europe and Verizon claims they sent the unlock code to my phone but they only receive an error message back.

They claim I need to be on the Verizon network for the unlock to complete. Since I am over seas I can only connect to wifi.

Is there anyway to still unlock it or am I stuck with a phone that will not work in Europe?
bargainstinker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:20 PM   #60
b-harrington
macrumors newbie

borrow a verizon line to unlock an iphone

you said you could borrow someone's verizon line to request for an unlock for you iphone. what type of line does it have to be? and what do you do? you just insert their sim in your phone and they say its theirs?
b-harrington is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone