Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattBookBower

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
Bournemouth, England
Saw the other one of these videos with the iPhone 5, thought that one was better cause it actually left the rocket!

Personally I think the S2 and S3 are very weak/flimsy device.

Last edited by a moderator:

travis.hansen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
Saw the other one of these videos with the iPhone 5, thought that one was better cause it actually left the rocket!

Personally I think the S2 and S3 are very weak/flimsy device.

Yes I saw the iPhone 5 one too. I think that one went a lot higher too cause it seemed to free fall for a ridiculous amount of time. It was probably the weight that messed it up this time, an iPhone 5 is a bunch lighter than a galaxy and 4S.

Obviously they are weak and flimsy considering the Galaxy died with a broken screen and the iPhone was left unscathed.

Last edited by a moderator:

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
This is why we can't have nice things. People just do these stupid things with phones that people would kill for. Only in america amirite?

travis.hansen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
This is why we can't have nice things. People just do these stupid things with phones that people would kill for. Only in america amirite?

You only destroy things on purpose if there is something to be profited from doing it. Think about it, Mythbusters blows ****** up all day but the viewers they get pay for it plus some.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
You only destroy things on purpose if there is something to be profited from doing it. Think about it, Mythbusters blows ****** up all day but the viewers they get pay for it plus some.

Think about it, what the hell is the point of dropping a phone from a rocket? Makes as much sense as these blend and drop tests. Anything to turn a profit from people with less than 100 iq.

travis.hansen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
Think about it, what the hell is the point of dropping a phone from a rocket? Makes as much sense as these blend and drop tests. Anything to turn a profit from people with less than 100 iq.

Well I doubt you follow up on that YouTube guy considering there seems to be no logic in your mind but he's a Youtube Partner that makes a ton of iPhone how to vids and whatnot, but his reason for doing the first rocket drop test was actually to test if an iPhone could survive from terminal velocity.

There was a guy all over the internet for dropping his iPhone while sky diving from 13,000 ft and the phone survived, supposedly, so he wanted to test and see if it really could survive. Since iPhone reaches it's maximum fall rate fairly quickly, 13,000 would have been a redundant height and probably pretty dangerous and hard to find so instead he built a rocket to launch one to a sufficient height to reach terminal velocity.

Sounds pretty cleaver to me. Plus I love breaking expensive ****... Always have, but its better when I watch someone else break their own expensive ****... costs less anyway.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Well I doubt you follow up on that YouTube guy considering there seems to be no logic in your mind but he's a Youtube Partner that makes a ton of iPhone how to vids and whatnot, but his reason for doing the first rocket drop test was actually to test if an iPhone could survive from terminal velocity.

There was a guy all over the internet for dropping his iPhone while sky diving from 13,000 ft and the phone survived, supposedly, so he wanted to test and see if it really could survive. Since iPhone reaches it's maximum fall rate fairly quickly, 13,000 would have been a redundant height and probably pretty dangerous and hard to find so instead he built a rocket to launch one to a sufficient height to reach terminal velocity.

Sounds pretty cleaver to me. Plus I love breaking expensive ****... Always have, but its better when I watch someone else break their own expensive ****... costs less anyway.
yeah I just hate when I drop my iPhone from my flight

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.