Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iphull

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
I received the message that the iPod touch is synced with another iTunes library. If I choose to erase and sync with the existing library, will this include the apps (of which "sync" is unselected)?

I really only need to add a few more songs and albums to my iPod touch that were purchased with my iPhone. If it replaces the entire music library with the most updated one, its no big deal; same desired results. But I'm afraid of losing my apps, which are outdated (I enjoy playing for retro's sake) and some even discontinued.

I have copied all the files from my old computer on to a portable drive, which is hooked up to this computer. So if that's the best way to go, where can I copy the files so they'd be "visible" to the iPod?

Thanks!

Edit: I'm backing up my iPod. Maybe then I can sync the music file after it's "established a home" on my new computer. I'll keep you updated (though 64gb might take a while)...

Edit: never mind. It worked. You can delete this thread. Sorry.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.