Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old May 17, 2012, 02:29 PM   #1
vikundefined
macrumors newbie

can't update iphone 3gs to 5.1.1

i have a jailbroken iphone 3gs on 5.0.1 and i want to update it to latest firmware.when i try to update it through itunes i get some errors.any suggestions on how can i update my phone to the latest firmware.thanks
vikundefined is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2012, 03:13 PM   #2
Cod3rror
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikundefined View Post
i have a jailbroken iphone 3gs on 5.0.1 and i want to update it to latest firmware.when i try to update it through itunes i get some errors.any suggestions on how can i update my phone to the latest firmware.thanks
Get TinyUmbrella, which I assume you used, and set it not to ask Cydia for SSH files and instead contact Apple directly.

Alternatively, you go to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc" and remove the HOSTS file from there, just move it out of there, do your thing with the update and then move it back it in.
Cod3rror is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 01:02 PM   #3
vikundefined
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitruviux View Post
Get TinyUmbrella, which I assume you used, and set it not to ask Cydia for SSH files and instead contact Apple directly.

Alternatively, you go to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc" and remove the HOSTS file from there, just move it out of there, do your thing with the update and then move it back it in.
hosts are already set to apple, but check the hosts file and see if it works or not.thanks
vikundefined is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 02:35 PM   #4
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Do you have the ipad baseband installed?
Applejuiced is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks