Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanMacApple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Hi, I am asking anyone who last year looked into getting an iPhone 4S when the iPhone 5 came out. I am considering purchasing an iPhone 5 when the 5S comes out later this year.

I am curious if either the full price of the phone drops without a contract or if AT&T will discount it further on a 2 year contract. Mostly interested in either the 32 or 64 MB models. Thanks in advance for your help! Dan

JoshGlzBrk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2009
Hi, I am asking anyone who last year looked into getting an iPhone 4S when the iPhone 5 came out. I am considering purchasing an iPhone 5 when the 5S comes out later this year.

I am curious if either the full price of the phone drops without a contract or if AT&T will discount it further on a 2 year contract. Mostly interested in either the 32 or 64 MB models. Thanks in advance for your help! Dan

Assuming apple doesn't discontinue the iPhone 5 like was speculated earlier this week, the 5 should drop to $99 and the 4S will be $0 at 2 yr contract pricing.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
It is rumored that Apple will discontinue the iPhone 5 with the announcement of the low cost iPhone and the iPhone 5S.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
Assuming apple doesn't discontinue the iPhone 5 like was speculated earlier this week, the 5 should drop to $99 and the 4S will be $0 at 2 yr contract pricing.

I don't think the 4S will be offered soon since Apple is trying to switch the product lines to the lightning connector

srsub3

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2013
NYC
A drop there will be for sure. I don't think about discontinuing it, because differently from the new iPad (3rd gen) the jump between 4s and 5 is evident in benchmarks. Moreover there is the lightning fact that implies, to me, iphone4s out of business

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
I am betting the will discontinue making them. They might have some 5 stock that remains unsold and could discount after the 5S till they depleat.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Whether they discontinue or not they will certainly have back stock initially. Historically the back stock is sold at reduced prices. Usually $50-100 off.

TheProFTW

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2013
Washington, DC

Both, they drop the price for $100 on both with and without subsidy

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
I was having a random conversation with a girl that works at BB and she told me.."it's very weird, but our system shows the iPhone 5 being discontinued". And this was a week before the rumor came out.

I just can't wait until sept!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.