Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

512ke

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2003
Wow, no more long sentences. The pace of innovation at Apple these days is amazing. I hear there's even going to be a fingerprint sensor in June [Edit] September [Edit] First Quarter 2014 [Edit] in 2016, no 2017, ok 2018.

Manderby

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2006
Quoting is another way to say: I have no ideas myself. I don't know how to express myself. I am unable to even try.

Therefore: Quotes are stupid.

These quotes used by siri even more so.

Don't quote me on that. ;)

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
Maybe the problem is the user! I've noticed already in this thread that some of the biggest com,quints come from people that can't spell and write very long replies. Maybe that says something because the people here complaining the most about Siri have yet to say anything about why!

This is also a joke, Apple Maps was fine right out of the box. Maps has worked many times for me with little effort on my part. Look hard enough you will find defects in any app or any database. Just because there is something to point to doesn't mean it is a reflection upon the entire suite.

Even with short queries Siri will just sometimes not respond. But there is no feedback like there is with Google Now to let one know if Siri is 'getting it' or not.

Apple Maps did not work for everyone out of the box. It really pains me to complain about these Apple products. I'm no fan of Google.

MacFlorida

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Getting Worse at Apple

So why was the response 4 times longer than the question?

I didn't know anything about this quote, or what a "Hawkeye" was.
When I asked this same question to Google on my iPhone, Google gave lots of helpful information. Apparently, this quote came from a tv show "M.A.S.H." and Hawkeye was a tv character from the show.

Thank you Google for giving an intelligent response.

And Siri is still in Beta! Apple really needs new leadership, and Fast!!

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
I still use Voice Control because about the only thing I use either for is to play a song. And Siri needs an Internet connection to do that. I even put Voice Control on my jail broken iPad taken from my iPod touch.

Yendog

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
Sonoma, CA
ugg.... was wondering when I'd see a thread on this.... I started noticing it a lot about 2-3 weeks ago... INSANELY annoying.

I'm never really asking Siri questions but I use it a LOT for dictating texts while driving....

It wont allow me to do anything even remotely long... infuriating... even 3-4 sentences.... 10 seconds of text and she wont allow it...

pretty freaking weak

:mad:

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
Some people do, but here's a nice long question that it would be nice if Siri could answer:
attachment.php

Okay, so it looks like Apple has turned it off. I can no longer get Siri to make one of these replies, even with questions that I know garnered these replies just a couple of days ago.

shiftless

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
Okay, so it looks like Apple has turned it off. I can no longer get Siri to make one of these replies, even with questions that I know garnered these replies just a couple of days ago.

Yup, I was getting a kick out of her witty responses to long strings. Seems they are gone now!

mac*jedi*g

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2007
Apple just needs to adopt "NAWATHA"

Forget Siri in these situations. Let "Nawatha" take over.

No
Answer
Worth
All
This
Hell
Apple!

Ex:
Q: "How long will it take me to reach the San Francisco Marina if I walk from this location half way, and took the bus the rest of the way?"

Nawatha: "Oh no... who do you think we are? Guurgle? Now ask me somethin' shorter. Don't make me jump through this phone."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.