Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:51 PM   #26
Marcantonio724
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidleejet View Post
I bought one and received today, it work well for my 4S
Charging and Sync ok
davidleejet - does it work with audio? I have a friend that received a Bose dock with the lighting male connector but he has an 4S that he would like to dock in it.
Marcantonio724 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2013, 11:58 PM   #27
Shezza
macrumors newbie

Also interested in this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcantonio724 View Post
davidleejet - does it work with audio? I have a friend that received a Bose dock with the lighting male connector but he has an 4S that he would like to dock in it.
We just got a Sony digital radio with lightning dock as a replacement for our damaged 30 pin dock one but our iPods that we use with this are both 30 pin. I would also like to know if this works with audio. The new 8 pin lightning dock does us no good as my iPad mini is our only lightning device.
Shezza is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2013, 09:39 AM   #28
DrGale
macrumors newbie

Bose Sound Deck III HELP!!

Hey, did anyone find a 30 Pin male to 8 Pin female adapter to run my 4th Gen ipod on my Bose Sound Deck III? Right now I am using an adapter in the back but would prefer to use the deck and have the ability to charge with audio for the iPod. My iPhone 5 works perfect, of course, as it is an 8 pin. Leave it to Apple to have no adapter for previous designs as to force product purchase.

Any help?
DrGale is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2013, 08:52 AM   #29
Craigriver
macrumors newbie

Apple eliminated a number of features when implementing Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGale View Post
Hey, did anyone find a 30 Pin male to 8 Pin female adapter to run my 4th Gen ipod on my Bose Sound Deck III? Right now I am using an adapter in the back but would prefer to use the deck and have the ability to charge with audio for the iPod. My iPhone 5 works perfect, of course, as it is an 8 pin. Leave it to Apple to have no adapter for previous designs as to force product purchase.

Any help?
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, however Apple appears to have decided to change the means of communicating via audio as well as other features when it implemented Lightning connectors. I'm fairly certain that bluetooth was made the primary means of communicating audio (and video?) in lieu of the formerly wired connections.

My basis basis for wanting this connecter was to provide a bridge for an old device - I enjoy the simpler means of connecting my iPad2 for charging. Hope the explanation helps.
iPhone5
Craigriver is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2013, 07:24 PM   #30
rsuryase
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidleejet View Post
I bought one and received today, it work well for my 4S
Charging and Sync ok
Will it work with the Bose SoundDock III, with a lightning connector?
rsuryase is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone