Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RichardF

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
New York City
Anyone else?

Did a clean install of ML and now the battery is stuck at 99% even when fully charged.

Also, does anyone know how to properly move the files/ folder of Mail.
Having done a clean install and without having opened Mail or set up account in Settings > Mail, Contacts & Calendars - I would like to copy everything I need to get Mail the way it was in 10.7.4 prior to my clean install of ML.

Thank you in advance.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Did a clean install of ML and now the battery is stuck at 99% even when fully charged.
It's normal that your battery may stop charging between 93-99%. For details, read the CHARGING section of the following link. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions:
Did you calibrate it lately ?
The built-in batteries in the newer Mac unibody notebooks come pre-calibrated and do not require regular calibration like the removable batteries in older Apple notebooks.

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
It's normal that your battery may stop charging between 93-99%. For details, read the CHARGING section of the following link. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions:

The built-in batteries in the newer Mac unibody notebooks come pre-calibrated and do not require regular calibration like the removable batteries in older Apple notebooks.

Oops, missed his computer in the signature.

RichardF

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
New York City
Thank you guys.

I unplugged my MBA and used it down to about 60%. Not fully charged and it does show 100%. All is well.

Any ideas on how to copy over the files/ folders Mail needs? Please my OP.

Icy1007

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
Cleveland, OH
This is not a ML issue. All versions of OS X I've used have done this from time to time.

My battery is showing as 98%, but it is fully charged.

fins831

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011

I feel like this guy has posted this 100 times this week...is it just me?

LastMinuteMike

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2012
Please!

FOR GODS SAKE!

Stop asking this! It's been discussed so many times, there are several articles on the subject!

It has always been this way and the reason for it is that its not good for the battery too be fully charged, so Apple has an algorithm which stops the battery from being charged to the max. Try making a search for the article, it explains it very well.

Long story short, its not a bug, its supposed to be like this, and it always has been.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.