Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silvereel

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2010
Classic fanboyism. I got my 2011 iMac and I was regretting my purchase every day since it has bring nothing but more and more failures until it was replaced. 5 times repairs for 1.5 years.

Funny my Pentium 4 box was fine and trouble free for 6 years, and counting.

Just as PC, Mac is not perfect.

Sheesh, I never said Macs were literally magical (because everyone already knows that :D). I just said I think he'll be happier with it, not only ecause it's better, but because I get the impression that he wants the Mac. I just happen to agree that buying the iMac is the best course of action, based on my experiences with them.

But hey, if your Pentium 4 had torn up, good luck getting Dell/HP/IBM to fix it 5 times! "Please reset and unplug ze machine, sir."

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
Sheesh, I never said Macs were literally magical (because everyone already knows that :D). I just said I think he'll be happier with it, not only ecause it's better, but because I get the impression that he wants the Mac. I just happen to agree that buying the iMac is the best course of action, based on my experiences with them.

But hey, if your Pentium 4 had torn up, good luck getting Dell/HP/IBM to fix it 5 times! "Please reset and unplug ze machine, sir."

Except saying "buy the iMac you'll never look back and buy the PC you'll regret it every day" is utterly exaggeration and far from reality at times. I bought the iMac and I always look back to my local service provider. That's one regret over there.

I regret my iMac wasn't as resilient as my old cheap P4 box. I better off with a durable product rather than a warm, welcoming smile on repair center.

Yep, that's what I got too from a Genius staff when my iMac unable to boot .. "Have you tried to unplug and reset the machine, sir?" Luckily Apple replaced my machine after I had a conversation with higher authority, NOT the Genius.

:apple: Genius indeed :rolleyes:

But hey, it's shiny and magical everyone knows it already though, right?

Silvereel

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2010
Except saying "buy the iMac you'll never look back and buy the PC you'll regret it every day" is utterly exaggeration and far from reality at times. I bought the iMac and I always look back to my local service provider. That's one regret over there.

I regret my iMac wasn't as resilient as my old cheap P4 box. I better off with a durable product rather than a warm, welcoming smile on repair center.

Yep, that's what I got too from a Genius staff when my iMac unable to boot .. "Have you tried to unplug and reset the machine, sir?" Luckily Apple replaced my machine after I had a conversation with higher authority, NOT the Genius.

:apple: Genius indeed :rolleyes:

But hey, it's shiny and magical everyone knows it already though, right?

Man, I think you're taking my tongue in cheek remark a little bit too seriously. Did I mean what I said, in the sense that I think the OP should get an iMac? Yeah, sure. Did I say it in a way that was intended to be humorous? Yes.

Macs aren't perfect, but speaking from experience, I love mine. And you're always better off if you go ahead and get what you want, needs be damned.

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
Man, I think you're taking my tongue in cheek remark a little bit too seriously. Did I mean what I said, in the sense that I think the OP should get an iMac? Yeah, sure. Did I say it in a way that was intended to be humorous? Yes.

Macs aren't perfect, but speaking from experience, I love mine. And you're always better off if you go ahead and get what you want, needs be damned.

I know .. "Once you go Mac, you'll never go back" kind of quote is a meme, or half joke, or whatever you call it. It has the a good rhyme in it indeed.

But it has this cocky feeling to it, and many times arrogant Mac users proudly keep saying it.
As a person who has several Macs failing, a few even more ridiculous than PCs, even as a joke, I find it contradictory and doesn't ring truth.

Nevertheless, as my earlier post said in this thread, if you're looking for AIO machine (strictly, AIO) .. iMac is the king of the hill, even if it runs Windows only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.