Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jul 5, 2013, 12:19 AM   #126
spacehog371
macrumors regular

I'm not a developer and I got an invite. I thought it was weird because the email referred to me as being part of the developer program, but when I logged in to check I saw that I wasn't... not even a free account.

So... I don't think the reports are inaccurate. I would assume if I got one, there were others like me.
spacehog371 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2013, 01:07 AM   #127
macnisse
macrumors 6502

Years back I tried the old iwork.com online service, pretty nice but limited to online sharing and commenting, i e no editing capabilities. Would be really nice indeed if they manage to incorporate full cross platform editing support.
macnisse is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2013, 02:26 AM   #128
Switchback666
macrumors 65816

What are this talks about hes anus ?
Old Jul 5, 2013, 07:17 AM   #129
Todd B.
Banned

Instead of posting why you don't like it on this forum you could, I dunno, press the feedback button in the web app and tell them so they can make it better?

Love how everyone is complaining that the FIRST BETA release isn't any better then a Google Docs that has been out for how many years now?
Todd B. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:43 AM   #130
philosopherdog
macrumors 6502

Looks great so far. Compared to google docs which looks like windows 3.1.
philosopherdog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:49 AM   #131
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffy View Post
That is not a proper answer to the question.
Then what is the proper answer to the question?

It looks good, I'm not sure I want to rely on any cloud service for things like this, but it runs well for a beta ... so far.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2013, 12:29 PM   #132
Morgenland
macrumors member

Yes, me and some friends left iCloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post
Ha ha. Roll up roll up come and store your cloud data with Uncle Sam so we can snoop on all your secrets. I don't think so. At least the NSA can't hack into my portable flash drive while it's sitting in my pocket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Electric View Post
A flop, really?

Apple already offers iCould, a service that uses far more personal information than iWork, in Europe. If your statement is true, then there should be a mass exodus from iCloud. Please post evidence that supports your claim.

Or, were you just making things up from the get go?
There won´t be a mass exodus cause cloud in general had been somehow a nice idea IMHO but maybe lots of folks will start enhancing Mail with PGPtools.org (never knowing wether Apple's new keychain (enhanced in Mavericks) is NSA-read everytime it changes). It is too early to assess this accurately.
Morgenland is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2013, 06:58 PM   #133
techpr
macrumors 6502

I do have a developer account but iWork for iCloud beta is working on my personal non-developer original @me.com account.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 04:43 PM   #134
Spinnetti
macrumors regular

Just gave it a whirl...

Not bad... Easy to use, and pretty seamless....
Spinnetti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2013, 04:38 PM   #135
vaughnfelix
macrumors newbie

Sweet! I'm gonna try it out!!! Hopefully it works really awesome!
vaughnfelix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2013, 03:32 PM   #136
Truffy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCubsGo View Post
Then what is the proper answer to the question?
Given that the OQ was "Is iWork for iCloud supposed to actually be an upgrade from iWork 09, or just a new, web-based alternative?", then I would say that a proper answer would be 'upgrade'/'alternative', with an explanation as to why. Saying that it's like Google Docs assumes that the OP (or other interested party) gives a **** about Google and its Docs.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 03:38 PM   #137
aloshka
macrumors 6502a

Agree with Truffy. I can't stand google docs, and had to move a lot of businesses off it (I am in IT) because it was annoying to use a browser to do work. Everyone went back to Office, and never been happier. I would roll out more macs, if only pages & numbers had native support. A lot of users cannot stand the bugginess of MS Office for Mac.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion