Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ggoerl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2007
I've brisked through the flashing process and correct me if wrong have to have bootcamp chosen as startup drive so the card will boot into windows allowing you to flash for use in osx?

This computer is non-op at the moment so I am unable to do the flashing process.

xcodeSyn

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2012
anybody know any resources that I can get a card for cheap?

Not sure what specific amount is cheap in your definition, but here is a summary of all Mac Pro video card options. As you can see, there is only a very limited list and they are not cheap when compared to their PC counterparts. A brief search on eBay seemed to indicate that it's hard to find any card less than $100 no matter how old they are. According to the last post of this link, you may be able to find a PC version of an ATI X1900, ATI 3870, ATI 4870 that works in your computer assuming the post is reliable. There is no guarantee that it would work but it's cheaper to find a PC version of these cards if flashing is not an option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.