Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 21, 2011, 11:39 PM   #1
Hatcherca
macrumors newbie

Lost notes iPhone 4

Help! Help! Help!

I had over 50 notes including a schedule for upcoming events and notes concerning a real estate transaction and Christmas recipes. I was scanning my notes and suddenly the list of items changed from over 50 to 32. I've tried powering off with no luck. This has never happened before. How can I get them back?
Hatcherca is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:21 AM   #2
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God

I had the same thing happen to me recently, but in my case it was ZERO notes left. I ended up having to sync to get them back, but unfortunately I hadnít synced in a few months so I lost a few notes. Iíve got no idea why this happened, since nothing else was affected.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 08:53 AM   #3
Halcyon3608
macrumors newbie

This has happened to me too. Try going to your email account (I only have one, so if you have more than that you'll have to try each one) and looking at the list of folders that you use to organize your emails. There may be a new folder labeled "Notes" that your phone decided to create for unknown reasons. Your missing notes should be there, as separate "emails" with the title of your note as the subject line. I didn't trust my phone to not do this again, so I've stopped using the Notes app and have switched to using Google Docs. It's nice being able to edit things using my desktop and not just my phone.
Halcyon3608 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2012, 09:02 AM   #4
FCthe Man
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up Notes went email folder.

Previous poster is correct in my case. Thanks!

Somehow all notes disappeared and went to a folder named notes in what was at the time the default email account. Weird. Undocumented feature?
FCthe Man is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:57 AM   #5
mramz5
macrumors newbie

that worked for me too - thank you!
mramz5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting