Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
Fake.

No corrosion and bending of the iPhone.

By the way, what's the ugly plastic thing underneath the beautiful smartphone on top?

3e4a3uja.jpg

jbennardo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Well here's one way you continue to grow your market share - give it away for free. :D

Attachments

• droid.jpg
    droid.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 83

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
Maybe you need 3 facepalms.

From what you told us, we should be expect lots of corrosion and bending from the iPhone 5, and in 6 months turn to ****.

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/16384599/

From your post:

Nope because its a pos that corrodes fast with no treatment, a iphone 5 here in a island were i live will not survive for 6 months, it will turn to ****.

It is a pos that corrodes fast :) i dont understand what is so hard to understand for you ? :eek:

You see i find amazing how someone that likes to accuse others is the one wanting to cause problems ;) to the point to harrasment, did too many people put you on the ignore list ? :( you need to change your ways mate !

And now putting words on me ? Were did i spoke about iphone bending :confused:

I think you are a very sad person :eek: still i wont bother to report you BUT welcome to my ignore list, have a great stay :D

----------

Well here's one way you continue to grow your market share - give it away for free. :D

Good deal is Good :D

GorgonPhone

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2010
For sure not in Hong Kong. All you you see on the MTRs and Busses are GSIIIs and Notes. In the shops you can find now more accessories for Samsung phones than iPhones.

The strategy of offering only one screen size which is relatively small in comparison to the popular Androids will lead to Apple's decline in the mobile market, I am afraid.

Would it be so hard to offer 2 screen sizes for Apple? :confused:

More disturbing: lots of my colleagues who switched to a GSIII or Note tell me, that the phone is nice enough in order for them not to want to go back to Apple, even if they offered a bigger sized phone.

lol at the S3 that was killed but the 4S...lol the iPhone 5 is still the king of phones FACT

technowizard

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2010
Another Solar System
It's funny how some people here think that the iPhone is superior to android; how blinkered :rolleyes: . Honestly, the iPhone 5 screen IS too small and yes, phones with larger screens do fit in your pocket; for example, my Galaxy Nexus has a 4.65 inch screen and yet fits in all my pockets without a problem because next to an iPhone 4, its not that much larger.

Also, whilst it is agreeable that some android phones look ****, a lot of them look/are built very well; eg the nexus 4. The android OS, especially in 4.2 Jelly Bean has become very slick and responsive, even on older hardware (like the galaxy nexus) so that's a selling point thats no longer unique to iOS. It's also worth mentioning that included android apps like maps, navigation (satnav), google now, camera, etc are vastly superior to their iOS rivals.

It's a shame there are so many people who deserve the tag, iSheep, even worse that I used to be one. FYI, android is far more mac-like than iOS :p .

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
It's funny how some people here think that the iPhone is superior to android; how blinkered :rolleyes: . Honestly, the iPhone 5 screen IS too small and yes, phones with larger screens do fit in your pocket; for example, my Galaxy Nexus has a 4.65 inch screen and yet fits in all my pockets without a problem because next to an iPhone 4, its not that much larger.

I totally agree. I have a Note II and my wife has a GSIII and I've shoved both in my pocket just fine.

Now, as far as screen size, my HTC EVO made the iPhone just look pathetic. A Note II just puts the screen size to shame. The only reason to use the term iSheep is for when people just can't look beyond their own experiences to see that other phones are just fine.

RobertMartens

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2002
Tokyo, Japan
So how many focus groups have to conducted to come up with such a "all inclusive" statement?

When you say "a lot" that implies more than 50%... so I'm just wondering if I can see the actual results from the survey you conducted...?

He probably just meant "a lot of people I know" That would make the second half of his statement also make sense

----------

The only reason to use the term iSheep is for when people just can't look beyond their own experiences to see that other phones are just fine.

The term 'iSheep' is condescending. Period. If you want to be condescending you should use this word.

G51989

macrumors 68030
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
Fake.

No corrosion and bending of the iPhone.

By the way, what's the ugly plastic thing underneath the beautiful smartphone on top?

Deny all you want.

Is the iPhone 5 a great phone that performs very well? Yes.

However, Apple made it to thin, and used cheap, thin materials in its production.

These things are bending in peoples pockets for ****s sakes.

----------

You realize these " free " android phones, and iphone 4 :p

Are NOT free, your still paying for them via your service contract. Lets say Samsung makes a mid range Smart Phone that Verizon gives away for free, Samsung still gets their profits, and you pay for the phone on your payment plan.

Same with Apple, or any other maker of phones, they aren't giving it away for free.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
The term 'iSheep' is condescending. Period. If you want to be condescending you should use this word.

Maybe . . . I hope no one gets offended by it though. It does best describe those that blindly and condescendingly berate other handsets/products and users of other handsets/products in favor Apple handsets/products.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
Maybe . . . I hope no one gets offended by it though. It does best describe those that blindly and condescendingly berate other handsets/products and users of other handsets/products in favor Apple handsets/products.

I think the term is not allowed here mate.

jbennardo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
You realize these " free " android phones, and iphone 4 :p

Are NOT free, your still paying for them via your service contract. Lets say Samsung makes a mid range Smart Phone that Verizon gives away for free, Samsung still gets their profits, and you pay for the phone on your payment plan.

Same with Apple, or any other maker of phones, they aren't giving it away for free.

I get that many phones are subsidized, I was mostly trying to point out some of the ridiculous promotional tie-ins I've seen for android devices from SuperCuts, GameStop rewards and now men's clothing. Subsidies are one thing - gift with purchase? That's another story.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
What is interesting is that while the iPhone dominates the US market, in Europe and much of Asia, the Samsung phones are more popular because of lower up-front costs, not to mention the big, generous display.

I just recently got a Samsung Galaxy S III and its 4.8" display is much more readable than the display on the iPhone 5. And unlike the iPhone 5, the Galaxy S III is ready to support NFC mobile payment systems such as ISIS with only a software update.

In the end, I do think Apple will produce a larger iPhone, if only to support a bigger display beyond the one used on the iPhone 5 now. (Remember, one of the reasons why the iPhone 5 has such a "tall" display was the late Steve Jobs' insistence that the phone could be operated by one hand.)

jdawgnoonan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Jefferson, WI
I agree

LOL. As a developer that works on both iOS and Android all I can do is laugh at people like you when I visit this forum (surely you're not serious)? It's a matter of user preference, iOS is easier to use and more intuitive however Android blows iOS away when it comes to actual features/customization. I have an iPhone 5 that I develop on and and love, it's a great phone. But I personally prefer my Nexus 4 for daily use and in my opinion it's definitely the best phone I've ever owned. As I type it's sitting on a starbucks counter wirelessly charging. I love NFC and use it almost daily to pay for stuff (and can't wait for peer-to-peer payments via NFC in the next google wallet update.). Google Maps with navigation on android is far more useful than apple maps. I love android's multitasking and how it actually shows window previews that slide away slickly if I want to close them. ImageThe newer google voice search is far more accurate/responsive than Siri. The screen looks better than the iPhone 5 (text is much crisper and easier to read). And my favorite, Google Now gives me useful information without any input from me (ex. when a package i've ordered has been shipped, when my stocks have moved, when i'm near a popular photo spot, etc...). Image

At the end of the day it's about personal preference. I think the iPhone 5 is a fantastic designed phone, but I personally find iOS too watered-down/limiting for my needs. My wife prefers iOS cause it's easier to use. I love apple's design and hardware but I think iOS needs a new haul ... it just feels kind of old.

I like iOS too, but I have to say that not too long ago when I briefly switched back to an iPhone 4 S for a couple of months when I broke my GS 2 it really did feel like I was using a dated OS. Yes, iOS is very intuitive (for the most part: I think App settings is an absolute non-intuitive mess on iOS) and yes the OS is very reliable. But, overall I was much happier when I bought a GS 3 and gave the 4S back to my friend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.