Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Jun 16, 2013, 07:23 AM   #1
Terrex
macrumors newbie

How to make the slideing gallery on Apples web page

How do you make the same sliding gallery that has text and images like on Apple.com. I only see how to make one with images.
Terrex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 10:15 PM   #2
SrWebDeveloper
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrex View Post
How do you make the same sliding gallery that has text and images like on Apple.com. I only see how to make one with images.
There are many moving regions on the site, but what is common to all of them when you break it down is a div has some HTML in it (text + graphics, i.e. content) and an ID attribute for each. The Javascript they use references individual div's by ID and applies motion triggered by either timing or clicks to thumbs to affect (move) entire divs, some up/down, others left/right as a carousel. All this can be done by you with jQuery plugins and some excellent graphics design and careful planning.
SrWebDeveloper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:09 PM   #3
definitive
macrumors 65816

You can use a slider such as Nivo Slider or any other JQuery slider to achieve the same effect (as long as you know how to edit the code).
definitive is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development