Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjpistonsfan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2009
picture2wp.png

In the last week or so I noticed this box on my desktop. I can click on it and hold to drag it around, when I hover the mouse over the colored boxes the mouse cursor turns into a hyperlink hand icon, but clicking does nothing. When I hover the mouse over the triangle icon in the corner the mouse cursor turns into a four-directional arrow icon but also doesn't do anything. I can't resize it, when I click on it the the program name at the top left of the screen doesn't change, and I can't get rid of it. It stays visible on top of other programs. Right-clicking or Ctrl-clicking on it does nothing. I've rebooted and it comes right back. I've killed all open programs in the dock and it doesn't go away. I haven't downloaded anything recently that I can remember. I've tried looking through the Activity Monitor "My Processes" list but can't find anything that would seem to be it.

Help! I throw myself on the mercy of the court!

portishead

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
Check your startup items in your user System Prefs user account. Or in your user Library folder.

It should show up in Activity Monitor if you select "All Processes". You might not know which one it is, but its certainly in there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.