Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbookairowner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2012
Hey all,

New owner of a Macbook Air here (2012 model). It's a beauty and pure pleasure to use, but one small "issue" (not really an issue, but a nitpicky observation) is that the escape key is rather hard to press compared to the other function keys. It still works, but it makes a much harder "click" sound compared to the others when depressed, and it occasionally doesn't register because I didn't press it hard enough. Again, I am fully aware that this is not a reason to freak out and go seek a replacement (I won't do that), but is this a fairly regular thing for the Fn keys to do? The only reason I ask is that sometimes it does become noticeable and a tad bit bothersome when I don't the key in the right spot and it doesn't register the first time.

Other than that, definitely a joy to own.

Thanks in advance.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I have the same 2012 model as you and mine has never done that. I would get it fixed while still under warranty before the key stops working altogether.

Raejin

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2012
I had few squeaky keys the first day and I reserved and went to Apple Store to have genius fix those keys for me for the next day and that was it.

Only if there is an Apple Store that is really close to where you live though. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.