Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stardustx7

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
Didn't really expect to still see new version of Angry Birds coming out after almost two years after the original release.

My forecast, there will sure be a paid episode, just like Angry Birds Space had one.

Last edited:

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
they'll continue to clutter the top charts until there aren't other games available on the app store.

to say the games aren't available on the store is hyperbolic. It is more an issue of class. Rovio doesn't need the charts to market their games. They have mind share thanks to the games, the plush dolls, the shirts.

Other smaller companies not so much. They need things like the charts to help out their efforts so they can grow to that level. So when a major company hogs the limelight, well it's tacky.

----------

so you are upset that they keep making games people want to buy?

They can make the games. they can sell the games. But when they make something like 'seasons' which is really just a level pack and sell it as a new app rather than a level pack in the original game that's a crude and anticompetitive move. Of course it's allowed in the rules since Apple won't set up controls and force companies to use IAP anymore than they will stop this whole two versions for free and paid to get rid of the apps but that doesn't make it any less crude and obnoxious.

----------

Angry Birds Star Wars, because why the hell not?

Now that Disney bought Lucasfilms don't be shocked if they turn to their fav game and we get Temple Run: Star Wars. Hell I'm still expecting to see a Temple Run: Marvel at some point. or Temple Run: Muppets.

Perhaps Disney will buy Rovio and we'll get Angry Birds games as well. And even Bad Piggies games (that would be an apt one for the Muppets since it already as a pig in it)

----------

...and once again, they will rather release two separate versions (a.k.a. the iPhone version & the HD version) instead of packing it in a nice universal "container".

Not a fav move of mine either. There comes a point when such things are just being greedy.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Now that Disney bought Lucasfilms don't be shocked if they turn to their fav game and we get Temple Run: Star Wars. Hell I'm still expecting to see a Temple Run: Marvel at some point. or Temple Run: Muppets.

Perhaps Disney will buy Rovio and we'll get Angry Birds games as well. And even Bad Piggies games (that would be an apt one for the Muppets since it already as a pig in it)

Angry Temple Birds Run?

Ravee3rd

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2012
I've got to agree with the comments that question why so many people feel such negativity and, it seems, almost hate for this new Angry Birds app coming out on Nov 8. Rovio's Angry Birds apps are not deep, involved production or utility apps. They're meant to be lighthearted fun. And, as one person commented, I, personally, have had a lot of fun with all the different versions since the beginning-at very little cost. Judging by the sales records, I'm only one of an enormous number of people who feel this way. If you're one of the minority who don't feel that way, just don't buy them and you won't be affected. I can promise you that one person's comment stating that eventually, all the Angry Birds apps will fill up the listings on the AppStore and prevent other apps from having a chance is silly. Lighten up and have fun with the apps—or don't. Your choice. You won't be hurt either way.

angrybirds365

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2012
Ok Angry Birds Star Wars are officially out! Just downloaded it and i can say with certainty that's the best angry birds game since the first one! I'm playing for 2 hours nonstop! I'm writting a small review right now at my blog.

r018u

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2010
Not sure I understand. Do you have a problem with a company making more money (i.e. their whole raison d'être), or do you have a problem with people enjoying the products they make? Or do you simply not enjoy series?

This game looks like a lot of fun, can't wait to get my new iPad mini and buy this game to play on it. :p

Sorry, it was a comment based on my opinion. As you can probably guess I'm not that interested in this series.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.